04-30-09 03:35 AM
30 12
tools
    Actually, Sprint, like Verizon, will not allow you to activate a BB (or any smartphone) without a data plan.

The GSM carriers will allow you to, but not the CDMA carriers.
    Yes they will, as I activated both.
    04-24-09 12:29 PM
    Yes they will, as I activated both.
    How did you do that? Did you have a sprint account with a dumb phone first, then buy a sprint BB on ebay/craigslist/etc and activate it? You can't buy a new through them w/o a data plan anymore ever since they started their everything plans....

If you purchase it at the discounted price from Sprint (or Best Buy, etc) you have to sign a new two year contract, which will put you needing a data plan, most notibly one of the simply everything data plans for $69.99 or more/ year.
    Last edited by niubeav; 04-24-09 at 01:39 PM.
    04-24-09 01:29 PM
    How did you do that? Did you have a sprint account with a dumb phone first, then buy a sprint BB on ebay/craigslist/etc and activate it? You can't buy a new through them w/o a data plan anymore ever since they started their everything plans....

If you purchase it at the discounted price from Sprint (or Best Buy, etc) you have to sign a new two year contract, which will put you needing a data plan, most notibly one of the simply everything data plans for $69.99 or more/ year.
    All true - this is stipulated on their Website and even RadioShack's site and includes purchases at FRP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 01:45 PM
    im pretty sure that at&t allows bb usage without a data plan, but i may be mistaken. but as others have previously pointed out, a bb on verizon is a no-go w/o a data plan.
    and if i may say so, its definitely worth the extra cash. i love all of the things a can acomplish with my bb on verizon!
    04-24-09 03:45 PM
    Settle down - its just another lying POS troublemaker who is chuckling that he might get someone to make a fool of themselves calling for the discount.

Besides, a quick check willl tell you that Kaiser (no relation to Henry Kaiser the defunct carmaker) is German for "emperor," is a managed health-care provider in California and uses T-mobile (Deutsche Telekom) for their corporate needs. Do you see the flow in that?

Sorry - but my BS meter sees these dopes a mile away.
    Umm...what is wrong with you people? Why would I lie about this? Geez y'all are pretty uptight man. and the dude that used foul language directed at me is totally uncalled for. Stop the trippin' and if you don't believe me then don't I could care less. But please DO NOT try and tell me that Kaiser employees do not get this discount my friend because all of my buddies and myself (because I get a paycheck from them for the last 2 yrs) have this discount and you are a moron for making dumb assumptions when you know not what you are talking about bud. I am not the type of dude who trolls on boards just thought i would share to those people that there are employee discounts and that was it. What's with the hostility with some of you guys??
    04-30-09 03:35 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD