I upgraded and ordered the Droid X on the 4th and I already got billed for the phone. I will not be getting the phone til about the 20th of this month. I really don't want to wait that long as my current phone broke a few days ago and I need it for work.

The droid 2 comes out tomorrow so here is my question.....

Can I call tomorrow cancel my order for the Droid X and order the Droid 2??

Also....VZW has the 30 day policy if I get the Droid 2 and don't really like it can I take it back b4 the 30 days and order the Droid X again?? Hopefully they will not be on back order still

I really want the X but I need a new phone ASAP and the Droid 2 seems like a good phone to have besides the X.
    08-11-10 08:21 PM
    Call now. It will take a day to process. The CSR will have some paperwork tto do. It can be done.
    08-11-10 08:58 PM
    Call now. It will take a day to process. The CSR will have some paperwork tto do. It can be done.
    What are you talking about paperwork? Its a simple process. The original order just has to be cancelled and the new one has to be created.
    08-12-10 10:38 AM
    Yes, it can be cancelled.
    08-13-10 03:13 AM
    It sure doesn't hurt to call and give it a try!
    08-13-10 10:41 AM
    So did you get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by supermario28; 08-13-10 at 03:57 PM.
    08-13-10 11:29 AM
    What are you talking about paperwork? Its a simple process. The original order just has to be cancelled and the new one has to be created.
    Yes and no.
    If the order has been processed but not filled it is a little more difficult.
    They could not just "cancel" my DX order the other day.

The CSR I spoke to tried and it wouldn't cancel. It could be that I ordered on the web but it took two phone calls and a day of waiting to get it cancelled.

This was my experience.
    08-13-10 05:21 PM
    Yes and no.
    If the order has been processed but not filled it is a little more difficult.
    They could not just "cancel" my DX order the other day.

The CSR I spoke to tried and it wouldn't cancel. It could be that I ordered on the web but it took two phone calls and a day of waiting to get it cancelled.

This was my experience.
    This is because their system was never designed for backorders. The whole "virtual inventory" backorder thing is just a workaround. Basically they need to open a trouble ticket to cancel orders that haven't shipped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD