As the title states. Can I bring my curve into the verizon store and will they upgrade my software for me?
    11-05-08 01:18 PM
    As the title states. Can I bring my curve into the verizon store and will they upgrade my software for me?
    No, stop being lazy.
    11-05-08 01:41 PM
    Most stores will yes.
    11-05-08 04:34 PM
    Actually most stores won't do upgrades on PDA software, gotta do that yourself.
    11-05-08 08:15 PM
    No, stop being lazy.
    Sometimes it's not about being lazy. Some of us only use Macs and can't do the update on our computers.
    11-05-08 09:30 PM
    most stores are not equiped to do these kinds of upgrades. With a MAC you two options.

1. find someone with a PC and do the upgrade.

2. buy a cheap PC just to work on your Blackberry.
    11-05-08 09:51 PM
    Sometimes it's not about being lazy. Some of us only use Macs and can't do the update on our computers.
    i second that...and we don't want to ruin our macs with winblows!

 for life
    11-05-08 10:16 PM
    My brother tries to upgrade twice & it failed twice...He was without a phone 2 times (they needed to ship phones because the upgrade locked the phone)..this is what i suggest......Call Verizon & tell them you did the upgrade & it locked up the phone, have them ship a phone to you THEN start the upgrade...If you are sucessful then great you can send the new phone back. If you are not sucessful then you have the new phone in your hands.....
    11-07-08 10:17 AM
    naw , store wont do the curve or pearl upgrade. they will tell you to do it from home. its not hard at all , i did mine . took 30 mins and i was good.
    11-08-08 11:34 AM
    Buy a cheap PC? Really? That's the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever heard someone make.

most stores are not equiped to do these kinds of upgrades. With a MAC you two options.

1. find someone with a PC and do the upgrade.

2. buy a cheap PC just to work on your Blackberry.
    11-08-08 11:57 AM
    lol...the stores can do them , but they dont have time to do 30 software upgrades for every cust that wants it . that would tie them up from people who need other tech issue resolved. and also verizon is on this self serve kick where they want all cust to do everything themselves
    11-08-08 12:04 PM
    I'm not lazy. Simply put, I am not that tech savvy to accomplish it myself. I'll stick with the 4.3, it works fine, no problems for me.
    11-10-08 12:53 PM
    it is very simple. i have a link in my email for the upgrade... click the link and go step by step after that . pretty simple. let me know if you want me to foward it to you
    11-10-08 12:57 PM
    My brother tries to upgrade twice & it failed twice...He was without a phone 2 times (they needed to ship phones because the upgrade locked the phone)..this is what i suggest......Call Verizon & tell them you did the upgrade & it locked up the phone, have them ship a phone to you THEN start the upgrade...If you are sucessful then great you can send the new phone back. If you are not sucessful then you have the new phone in your hands.....
    What do you mean the upgrade locked the phone? Never heard of this before...
    11-10-08 01:06 PM
    What do you mean the upgrade locked the phone? Never heard of this before...
    He meant that the phone got bricked during the upgrade process.
    11-12-08 11:40 AM
    U can try it! I am a mac user and I have to borrow my buddy's pc for upgrade. However, Verizon ppl on the phone were very nice and walk me though the upgrade and making sure my phone works after os 4.5 was install! However the whole upgrade took almost 2 hours. ewwww.
    11-12-08 11:42 AM
    I believe Pocket Mac will work for all you Mac users
    11-12-08 11:54 AM
    I believe Pocket Mac will work for all you Mac users
    Pocket Mac doesn't allow us to do software upgrades.
    11-12-08 12:21 PM
    I had to use my work PC to do the 4.5 verizon approved upgrade. Took forever because downloading from verizon was taking forever. I use an apple MacBook Pro for personal use and I really hope RIM gets those mac tools out soon, they are long over due
    11-12-08 07:08 PM
    Vzw stores won't do the upgrade on PDA's/BlackBerry's because of the back up of personal info. They are very worried about security issuses and customers info being stored on the computers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD