I'm about to get my NE2 discount in the next week, I think I might get a 9650 but with the extremely lame hardware specs as it is, it's not the phone I want to still have 2yrs from now. Could I pay the full 2yr price without applying my NE2 and if Blackberry decides to step up their game the the coming year then buy another phone next year and this time apply my NE2? I know you can buy a new phone every year as long as you sign a new 2yr contract.
    08-16-10 02:11 PM
    No. You're NE2 will automatically be applied. You can purchase full retail, from a 3rd party (eBay, Craigslist, etc)or upgrade a different line that doesn't have the NE2. But you can not save it.
    08-16-10 02:20 PM
    Why dont you just hold off and use your NE2 when a better phone comes out? My NE2 is due in 11/10 and I'm planning on holding out and waiting to see what devices come out in Jan/Feb 2011. Hopefully Verizon will release the Storm 3 or Iphone by then. Thank goodness my original Storm 1 has been holding up great, even with a huge crack across the screen.... Hope I didnt just jinx myself...
    08-16-10 02:26 PM
    I'm waiting until Verizon rolls out LTE this fall.
    08-16-10 06:13 PM
    NE2 are valid for 6 months and then technically they expire, BUT often Verizon will still honor them after the 6 months.
    08-17-10 02:06 PM
    NE2 are valid for 6 months and then technically they expire, BUT often Verizon will still honor them after the 6 months.
    I was thinking the same thing, so thanks for confirming that. I didn't think you had more than 6 months to apply it. But that's 6 months after your full 2 year contract ends, right? Not 6 months from the early upgrade date?? For example, I am eligible for early upgrade with the NE2 in March 2011, but my contract doesn't end until July 2011, so would my NE2 end in September of 2011 or January of 2012?
    08-18-10 03:07 AM
    Yes 6 months after the contract expires, but like I said they have been known to honor they after the 6 months too.
    08-18-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD