I currently have two lines under a family plan. Can i add a third line and cancel a one existing old line? Contract is not over on either line...this way i get the Tour for $199 and later pay the cancellation fee of my old line. This would still be less then paying retail for a new TOUR.
    08-11-09 05:56 PM
    No, but you could open a 3rd line, then deactivate one of the others later. You'll have to pay a small monthly fee ($3.00 with T-Mo).
    08-11-09 05:59 PM
    deleted.
    08-11-09 06:26 PM
    Ok your going to add a line pay 199.00 for the new tour! Then cancel and one of the existing lines and have to pay a EFT os 200.00 all together that's 400.00 right?? The cost of a new retail tour??? Why not just pay retail?
    08-11-09 06:37 PM
    Isn't ETF 155? Even if its 200 it would be 400 total, retail is 489.

Also my plan would allow me to pay 200 first for the phone then the ETF on the next bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 06:42 PM
    Ok your going to add a line pay 199.00 for the new tour! Then cancel and one of the existing lines and have to pay a EFT os 200.00 all together that's 400.00 right?? The cost of a new retail tour??? Why not just pay retail?
    actually ETFs are prorated, each month they go down 5 dollars. Verizon doesnt have a 200 dollar ETF anyways, it starts at 175 and goes down from there.
    08-11-09 06:42 PM
    But you can't do this and keep your existing number, right?
    It would have to change.
    Does that matter?
    08-11-09 06:45 PM
    EFT is 200.00 for sprint that is and thats only a saving of 89.00. I think it would be easier to pay the extra 89.00 and save your self the hassle. Not trying to be rude there are just so many threads on here of people trying to get the tour cheap! I know money is tight for a lot of people, but if you want to try and jack the system whats to say they don't see you just added a line and now removing one?? They could charge you the EFT and the full price of the tour. I am a CS for a local sprint store and I have seen it happen! Just be careful!!!
    08-11-09 06:48 PM
    But that's sprint and they suck...lol jk

Getting a new number is not a big issue....I can run all three lines for a month or two before I cancel one of them...my company pays for my cellphone bill as part of an expense.

08-11-09 07:15 PM
    EFT is 200.00 for sprint that is and thats only a saving of 89.00. I think it would be easier to pay the extra 89.00 and save your self the hassle. Not trying to be rude there are just so many threads on here of people trying to get the tour cheap! I know money is tight for a lot of people, but if you want to try and jack the system whats to say they don't see you just added a line and now removing one?? They could charge you the EFT and the full price of the tour. I am a CS for a local sprint store and I have seen it happen! Just be careful!!!
    LIke smachart stated the ETF not EFT is 175.00 and prorate from there. Why are you posting sprint information in the verizon forums? And what is an Early Fee Termination? Is that what sprint calls it? Anyway this sounds similar to what a lot are doing. Call and talk to a CSR and see if there is any upgrades you qualify for a lot of times you can get a 1 year upgrade and so on... So call and find out
    08-12-09 08:32 AM
    I decided to port my number and go back to tmobile. Got two curves 8900 for free. I only switched to vzw to get the storm but it has been nothing but a nightmare

08-12-09 09:25 AM
    See you soon

haha i dont think so...i've been with TMO for a long time. The damn STORM made me do it
    08-12-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD