So, a few months ago, I re-upped to a non-smart phone (so I guess I re-downed) and am not very happy with my choice of phones after several months of use (30 days wasn't quite enough).
    I would like to get a smart-phone.
    I am not due for new phone until like July of 2011. Can I add a line, change that line to the primary, get a deal on the phone and just change my number?
    I guess a follow-up question would be, then could I eventually cancel the now worthless extra third line (used to be primary) or even switch phones from the new third line (smart phone) and have my phone now be the third line (line I will never actually use, but cheaper than buying retail phone).

So, I would like a smart phone again but don't want to pay retail and am looking at my best options? Any thoughts? Frustrating that I would be paying them 30 more a month and they won't give me deal on phone....don't get it, they'd make more money off me after the two years, not to mention the price I bought my current phone on.
    05-06-10 10:07 PM
    Can I add a line, change that line to the primary, get a deal on the phone and just change my number?
    Yup.

I guess a follow-up question would be, then could I eventually cancel the now worthless extra third line (used to be primary) or even switch phones from the new third line (smart phone) and have my phone now be the third line (line I will never actually use, but cheaper than buying retail phone).
    Sure. You will just have to pay the ETF on the line you cancel, unless you wait until it's contract is over and just pay the extra charge for it every month.
    05-07-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD