I have a Blackberry Curve Qualcomm 3G CDMA Alltel. If I unlock it can I activate it on Verizon?
    07-30-10 01:24 PM
    Alltel was purchased and is being taken up into VZW. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you!
    07-30-10 01:32 PM
    As d5115r said, just call them up and see if they will activate it. It's nothing we can really answer here for you because Verizon doesn't activate phones that aren't theirs, but they might for the reason mentioned above.

Unlocking won't do you any good. First, a CDMA Curve can't be unlocked, and second unlocking only refers to GSM phones with SIM cards. So unlocking it for another CDMA network is pointless.
    07-30-10 01:38 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry though by the way!
    07-30-10 01:41 PM
    Ok. I called them one time about it and they said they couldn't do it. But I've read on the internet that they can do it they just don't want to. But oh well. I have a Samsung Intensity and it's starting to mess up on me so I need a new phone! lol
    07-30-10 01:42 PM
    Ok. I called them one time about it and they said they couldn't do it. But I've read on the internet that they can do it they just don't want to. But oh well. I have a Samsung Intensity and it's starting to mess up on me so I need a new phone! lol
    If they won't do it but you have found solid evidence to prove they can in fact do it, ask to have your call elevated to another representative. Often times you can get reps who don't know what they're talking about. They should know that VZW has taken over Alltel and are working to bring all of their customers over to VZW... If they can't bring the phone over for you, ask if they can offer you a deal on a new device. I have heard they were offering certain deals with former Alltel customers coming over but that was a while ago. If they don't have any promotion like that going on anymore you can still get a great deal on great BB devices at VZW by signing up for a new contract with them, which I presume you would have to do anyways...
    07-30-10 01:48 PM
    The only way it could be activated is if you were an Alltel customer that is in a retained market following divestiture and you still have an Alltel calling plan active on your account.
    07-30-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD