09-23-09 04:48 PM
40 12
tools
    Why would dthey need it for any advanced device. All you have to do is dial #min and get a free msg with your minutes used.

lol, wait, you mean simplify, but it's so much fun to whine and complain and complicate situations.
    Concepts, simple, wow, I wish more people thought of that.
    Oh hey look, my phone can do #min, ooh it can do #pmt too.
    This is great! Gosh, I'm so glad a company came up with such a simple solution.
    05-24-09 06:20 AM
    lol, wait, you mean simplify, but it's so much fun to whine and complain and complicate situations.
    Concepts, simple, wow, I wish more people thought of that.
    Oh hey look, my phone can do #min, ooh it can do #pmt too.
    This is great! Gosh, I'm so glad a company came up with such a simple solution.
    Also the have my vzw app that can be D/L to the Blackberry now that you now make changes, view minutes and a few other things. Whiel Ihave heard some people have had issues with this app, it works fine for many.
    05-24-09 09:06 AM
    The only flash areas on the chaperone site are the areas used to show phones compatible. Chaperone runs on loads of external javascript files, i'm working on it now for my 9530. FYI, The apple iphone just released 3.0 OS, chaperone didn't previously work there either (husband's phone) but now it does. There are multiple redirects upon the login, which is most likely the issue, try increasing the time to terminate slow scripts on your phone and see if that helps. I will let you know once I have my workaround up.
    07-05-09 02:51 PM
    I tried a few different settings again today, but I cant even get the sign in pop up screen to come up.

Come'on Verizon. Most of your $29 buy one get one free phones can get Chaperone, but the most sophisticated smart phone you have can't do it. Come'on.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that is working on this.
    07-06-09 05:48 AM
    I am able to view location using the Bolt Browser. Its not perfect, but I am able to select "Locate" and it shows me the location on the map. But obviously an application would be better. Or how about integrating the location based service with google maps.
    07-07-09 05:25 PM
    I was told by the Verizon Wireless consultant that if I bought a phone for my son, we could just add the Chaparone program to our phones and we would have piece of mind knowing where he is at all times. Well, not so, he knew I had a BB Storm and as of many hours on the phone with a Verizon help desk, they came up with the fact that Chaparone does not work on a Storm. I know shocking a Verizon rep who just wants to make a sale. Well, during that same phone call I got a piece of good news. Around the middle of this month Verizon is changing the name from Chaparone to Family Locator and it is supposed to work on BB's. I am still skeptical about this after my last couple of experiences but maybe, just maybe there maybe some hope that Verizon is listening to it's users.
    09-09-09 09:25 AM
    maybe, just maybe there maybe some hope that Verizon is listening to it's users.
    Nah they don't care
    09-09-09 09:27 AM
    The alternative is to add it to the new phone & you track him using a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:28 AM
    Usually my phone is with me and laptop not so much
    09-09-09 10:03 AM
    Hopefully Verizon will eventually add Chaperon services to the MyVerizon app. In any event I changed the thread title a bit to make it more descriptive of the problem.
    09-09-09 10:26 AM
    Chaperone is now called Family Locator and works from blackberrys. Browse to fl.vzw.com from your bb browser.
    09-18-09 04:43 PM
    The history function is very nice. Good work vzw!
    (Anybody who knows me understands that compliments from me are far, far, from gratuitious. More like pry them from my cold dead lips.)

The history gives you the zone blips from the phone as well as the locates sorted by time. It would be REALLY cool if they would plot a bunch of them on the same map...
    09-18-09 05:49 PM
    oOOOo, thanks for the post. Finally, our Blackberries can do what the $29 phones can do. I still wish they made an app to get you right to it, but the web site you posted works great. Verizon is on the right track. Thanks again.
    09-18-09 07:17 PM
    How to track Verizon Chaperone phones from the Blackberry Storm phone. After all this time finally we can keep an eye on our kids when we are away from the computer.

Okay go to:

Blackberry Browser
    select - menu and click on Home (brings you to the Verizon home page)
    select - Verizon services icon
    select - Family Locator and enter password and cell phone number.
    then - Bookmark it - once your signed in, bookmark it so you have a immediate link to it.

Done

It works GREAT! with maps, exact location and all.

Hope this clears things up for a lot of people because it took me a while to figure it out. Verizon & Blackberry support told me it was impossible to track a Chaperone phone on a Blackberry Storm. Go figure! They need to get their records right.
    Last edited by myblackberry20091; 09-26-09 at 08:59 PM.
    09-23-09 02:27 PM
    How to track Verizon Chaperone phones form the Blackberry Storm phone. After all this time finally we can keep an eye on our kids when we are away from the computer.

Okay go to:

Blackberry Browser
    select - menu and click on Home (brings you to the Verizon home page)
    select - Verizon services icon
    select - Family Locator and enter password and cell phone number.
    then - Bookmark it - once your signed in, bookmark it so you have a immediate link to it.

Done

It works GREAT! with maps, exact location and all.

Hope this clears things up for a lot of people because it took me a while to figure it out. Verizon & Blackberry support told me it was impossible to track a Chaperone phone on a Blackberry Storm. Go figure! They need to get their records right.
    YOU ROCK! It works like a charm!
    09-23-09 04:48 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD