11-01-09 11:48 AM
26 12
tools
    Bill your deductible? REALLY in need of a phone, but between not working last week cause of the death in the family, and just generally being a poor college student, I don't really have the extra cash right now. But if it could be billed, I know I would have it within a week or 2.
    10-30-09 06:41 PM
    Not quite sure how Asurion would want to handle that. Your best bet would be to call them and see how they would bill, but I don't think they give many other options.
    10-30-09 07:10 PM
    No they can not
    10-30-09 07:59 PM
    Credit card or no phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:07 PM
    Yip...if ya don't have the scratch up front, your empty handed til ya do.
    10-30-09 08:27 PM
    Anyone got an extra 50 bucks they wanna lend me? Lol

10-30-09 08:52 PM
    i just replaced my storm and did not have my wallet on me and the rep said he could put the 50 dollar deductible on my next bill... i was able to walk out of the store with a new phone and the insurance charge showed up on my next bill.
    10-30-09 09:18 PM
    i just replaced my storm and did not have my wallet on me and the rep said he could put the 50 dollar deductible on my next bill... i was able to walk out of the store with a new phone and the insurance charge showed up on my next bill.
    That's a warranty, not insurance.

You can do COD but it will cost a fee so it will be more than 50.00.
    10-30-09 09:33 PM
    That's a warranty, not insurance.

You can do COD but it will cost a fee so it will be more than 50.00.

i was out of my warranty period and on my bill it showed asurion surcharge of 50.00
    10-30-09 10:47 PM
    One of the times I had to do an insurance claim on my Storm... They were actually able to bill it to the account. Since then I've been told its not possible, but I know its been done before...
    10-31-09 03:32 AM
    i was out of my warranty period and on my bill it showed asurion surcharge of 50.00
    I'd like to see a PDF copy of that. It probably showed up as a Verizon Wireless Surchage as an out of warranty fee of $50.
    10-31-09 04:10 AM
    I can understand how you feel OP. Sometimes $50 is just not something you got on your card or in your wallet. Especially when its unexpected that you either lost your phone or took it for a swim.
    I was baffled at the "pay me now" thing with asurian too when I had to replace the phone that took a swan dive into the in dogs water bowl.
    When I worked for AT&T Asurian billed the deductible. But I suppose it depends on how the carriers contract works.
    However, that is why I now have an emergency fund... because you never know what can happen. Blew a tire at the KFC... didnt expect to have to get a NEW one. $60 out of emergency fund. Was able to put it back on payday.
    I feel ya bro... just dont think its the way Asurian works with verizon.
    10-31-09 07:24 AM
    I'd like to see a PDF copy of that. It probably showed up as a Verizon Wireless Surchage as an out of warranty fee of $50.

i just pulled up my bill online since i dont get a paper bill..

it shows up as an equipment purchase for 53.50
    10-31-09 05:58 PM
    Yes, that's because the warranty fee is billed in the equipment order.. I promise you it wasn't from asurion
    10-31-09 06:00 PM
    Yes, that's because the warranty fee is billed in the equipment order.. I promise you it wasn't from asurion
    okay ill take your word on it... when i was in the store he told me since i was out of my warranty period he would need to file an insurance claim for me to get a replacement device.... who knows all i care about was getting a new device and not having to pay full price.
    10-31-09 06:13 PM
    What was wrong with your phone? Asurion only covers lost/stolen/physically damaged.
    10-31-09 06:23 PM
    You know, I am beginning to think that whatever is written @ VZW is only for show - there are far too many anomalies & reports of policy variations to think all of these people are wrong.

When it comes to policy & consistency, VZW doesn't exhibit a high degree of integrity.
    10-31-09 06:49 PM
    What was wrong with your phone? Asurion only covers lost/stolen/physically damaged.
    it got dropped on tile floor... it didnt do any noticeable damage to the exteriorof the phone but the surepress stopped working. basically the screen wouldnt click anymore.
    10-31-09 06:55 PM
    Then it is a warranty issue. That'll be $50 please.
    10-31-09 06:57 PM
    Just be sure not to tell the tech rep that you dropped that phone haha..
    10-31-09 09:32 PM
    I just called VZN on Friday to have my wife's Pearl replaced cause the speakers are messed up. I have insurance on it but I never talked to asurian. The VZN tech support rep I talked to never said anything about being billed... So did I get it for free?
    10-31-09 09:49 PM
    I just called VZN on Friday to have my wife's Pearl replaced cause the speakers are messed up. I have insurance on it but I never talked to asurian. The VZN tech support rep I talked to never said anything about being billed... So did I get it for free?
    Yes - this is just a warranty claim and does not cost anything.
    10-31-09 09:52 PM
    Just be sure not to tell the tech rep that you dropped that phone haha..
    That is the second time I used the wrong word on here today.

I meant to say INSURANCE issue.

I need to stop multitasking on the weekend.

10-31-09 11:38 PM
    If you have homeowners or renters insureance, talk to your agent. I got what is called a Personal Articles Policy.

Insurance for my storm is $11 per year.

No deductible. If *anything* happens to my storm, I call it in, and they send me a check. I have this on my and my son's storm, the 4 laptops, and 2 cameras we have.

Only restriction on the policy is the item has to be worth more than $500 retail
    11-01-09 01:10 AM
    If you have homeowners or renters insureance, talk to your agent. I got what is called a Personal Articles Policy.

Insurance for my storm is $11 per year.

No deductible. If *anything* happens to my storm, I call it in, and they send me a check. I have this on my and my son's storm, the 4 laptops, and 2 cameras we have.

Only restriction on the policy is the item has to be worth more than $500 retail
    I have that but a lot of people here claim they can't seem to find it. Maybe you amd I are just imagining it.
    11-01-09 10:47 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD