Ok for all those medical people out there like Paramedic's, EMT's, and Nurses. Informed Field Guides is testing as we speak a new version that can be used from your mobile device. But the catch is you have to have Adobe LE or someway to view pdf files. So for can anyone tell me how I can do this cause they are looking at a release date in the next month they hope.
    09-18-08 04:08 PM
    Curve should already have the ability to see PDF. I can see them and I have not installed any additional software to view.
    09-18-08 04:20 PM
    lastraid is correct. you should be able to view a pdf file.

when you open the email there should be a clickable link that says 1 attachment. i believe it's right under the email subject.

just click on the attachment and it should open to the pdf file (or say view attachment). you can zoom in on it from there.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-18-08 at 04:26 PM.
    09-18-08 04:24 PM
    lastraid and chrisy520 are correct, if you receive the field guide as an attachment. If it's a file that you store on your Media Card, then you can't view it without 3rd party software. The native BlackBerry software can't view pdfs, unless they're email attachments.
    09-18-08 04:35 PM
    Doesn't docs to go support PDF viewing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 04:44 PM
    09-18-08 04:56 PM
    Doesn't docs to go support PDF viewing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't have it yet, but the dataviz web site does not mention PDFs. It just talks about Word, Powerpoint, and Excel files, in both the Standard and Premium Editions.
    09-18-08 04:56 PM
    lastraid and chrisy520 are correct, if you receive the field guide as an attachment. If it's a file that you store on your Media Card, then you can't view it without 3rd party software. The native BlackBerry software can't view pdfs, unless they're email attachments.
    Is this true with Excel files, I use to have eOffice on my bb, then deleted it, however I'm still able to view the Excel Spreadsheet I just cannot save or edit it, So does the bb come with this or is this something eOffice left install on my bb?
    09-18-08 05:30 PM
    Is this true with Excel files, I use to have eOffice on my bb, then deleted it, however I'm still able to view the Excel Spreadsheet I just cannot save or edit it, So does the bb come with this or is this something eOffice left install on my bb?
    BB comes witih the ability to view these file types.
    09-18-08 05:33 PM
    Ok, coolbeans thank you
    09-18-08 05:41 PM
    I'm using Repligo Reader Beta & Beamberry.

Repligo Reader Beta can view PDF files stored on your Media Card.
    Repligo Reader is a beta program that you can use for 30 days.

Beamberry can view files sent as attachments.
    Bearmberry has a trial download time as well.

After the trials are up, I will probably stick with the one that's preinstalled on my BB. Mainly becuase it's free.
    09-18-08 06:58 PM
    BlackBerry OS's earlier than v4.5 only provide the capability to view word, ppt, excel, and pdf as attachments. Docs-to-Go, which comes with OS4.5, allows you to view word, ppt, and excel files stored on your media card. If you are using an OS earlier than 4.5 and can view word, ppt, and excel as standalone files, then eOffice has left a viewer installed on your BlackBerry.
    09-18-08 07:09 PM
    Agreed Jeff

Keep in mind for me anyway. 4.5 not offically released yet. I am waiting as well, so I can get the Docs To Go

Thank you for the clarification though.
    09-18-08 07:12 PM
    You're welcome. I knew you knew the difference, but I wasn't sure if bmw4life understood your response. I'm waiting for an official OS as well.
    09-18-08 07:20 PM

After the trials are up, I will probably stick with the one that's preinstalled on my BB. Mainly becuase it's free.
    Don't waste your time with Beamberry Beamreader. All it did for me is open a blank PDF page no matter what the actual PDF had on it. Also when you view PDFs with Beamreader you have to download the file to memory(No so bad by itself) but as long as that file is there you can only view a blank pdf even if you go to the email and click "Open Attachment". If you go and delete the downloaded file and then go back to the email you can "Open Attachment" and view the PDF with the normal viewer (Not Beamberry). App is completely useless in my experience.

Mark
    10-08-08 02:30 PM

Don't waste your time with Beamberry Beamreader. All it did for me is open a blank PDF page no matter what the actual PDF had on it. Also when you view PDFs with Beamreader you have to download the file to memory(No so bad by itself) but as long as that file is there you can only view a blank pdf even if you go to the email and click "Open Attachment". If you go and delete the downloaded file and then go back to the email you can "Open Attachment" and view the PDF with the normal viewer (Not Beamberry). App is completely useless in my experience.

Mark
    10-08-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD