Hi all,

I live in suburban Maryland. I recently (may 27th) bought the tour, and I love it. However, I'm not the biggest fan of the trackball. Under Verizon policy, I have 30 days to return my phone for a new one. I decided that I would just switch to the Bold. My local verizon store (where I have to purchase my new phone, because it's where I bought my tour) has yet to receive the Bold, and was very vague in their estimated arrival date. I'm sort of worried, because I only have until June 26th to return my phone. Does anyone know how long it takes for a majority of retailers to get new blackberries? I know that no one will be able to provide me with a concrete answer, but do you think 16 days is long enough? I'm going to see if I can order the phone online somehow...

thanks in advance for the info!
    06-11-10 03:13 AM
    It's already out online and on stores. Make sure you go to a corporate store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 04:02 AM
    I know, but Verizon is weird. Because I'm doing a return, I have to do the transaction from the place of purchase.
    06-11-10 04:07 AM
    You only have to return the phone at that specific location if it isn't a corporate Verizon Wireless location. If its an authorized agent location then only that specific company will know anything about they're shipments...

If its a corporate store, they should have already received their shipment, as there is no shortage in stock.

And if it was a corporate store where you purchased the Tour, then you can visit any corporate Verizon store to have it replaced, or you can give CS a call and they can send out a Bold, though you would initially have to pay the 2 year pricing for the phone, which will be removed once you ship back the Tour and it is received...
    06-11-10 04:56 AM
    I will probably have to use that as a last ditch effort. I have the WORST luck with sending stuff into verizon. I've had, about, 4 phone upgrades, and i've only actually received the mail in rebates from 2 of those. I became so fed up with customer service that I gave up, and said 'screw it' to the $150 that I was entitled to. I will probably take the failure of my location to receive the bolds as a sign to stick with my tour haha.
    06-11-10 05:01 AM
    well there is an advantage to buying online, you can circumvent the mail-in rebates. they do it instantly online.
    06-11-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD