i am in a divested alltel market (one that hasn't been/won't be transitioned to verizon) and have an 8330 that i want to sell since i just bought an S2 and made the switch to VZW. is there any way my 8330 can be sold to a friend who wants to use it on verizon? i know it is possible convert it since 90% of all alltel customers moved to VZW and did not have to buy new handsets, but the big question is will alltel/VZW cooperate. anyone know if this is do-able??
    10-30-09 10:57 AM
    Yes the alltel 8330 will function on the vzw platform. That is what I used until yesterday I upgraded to the bb tour.
    10-30-09 11:02 AM
    i know it will function, i'm asking if VZW will do the PIN switch required to get it to work on their network when it is registered in a divested alltel market right now. i heard absolutely not before the alltel/verizon merger but i figure they would almost have to now... unless their still hung up on the fact that my 8330 would never have been transferred to their service.
    10-30-09 01:58 PM
    i know it will function, i'm asking if VZW will do the PIN switch required to get it to work on their network when it is registered in a divested alltel market right now. i heard absolutely not before the alltel/verizon merger but i figure they would almost have to now... unless their still hung up on the fact that my 8330 would never have been transferred to their service.
    If the phone is deactivated and not on an account, then sure it will transfer over.

The only catch is - no one can put that phone on a heritage VZW number/plan. So if you have a buyer and is not converted Alltel, then they won't be able to use the phone.

If they did just convert over to VZW and have an Alltel rate plan, then the process will be no problem.
    10-30-09 02:05 PM
    If the phone is deactivated and not on an account, then sure it will transfer over.

The only catch is - no one can put that phone on a heritage VZW number/plan. So if you have a buyer and is not converted Alltel, then they won't be able to use the phone.

If they did just convert over to VZW and have an Alltel rate plan, then the process will be no problem.

so i can only sell it to someone who was formerly on alltel or who is currently with alltel? the guy who is wanting to buy it from me has always been a VZW customer, are you saying he won't be able to use it? that also severly limits my chance of selling it on ebay. looks like i'll have an 8330 paperweight sitting on my desk for awhile.
    10-30-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD