I have a Verizon Blackberry 8830WE, but there just isn't enough memory in it for me. I want to run more programs than will fit in 48MB (SplashID, SplashShopper, BerryWeather, BerryBuzz, DTG, Opera, etc.).

Due to my work, I have to have a cell phone without a camera. Before I upgrade to the cameraless Tour Verizon offers, I wanted to see if anyone has heard (in fact or rumor) whether the Droid might be offered without a camera. Or the Pre, or iPhone, assuming those come to Verizon in 2010.

I really that this is unlikely, given how well RIM has the business market sown up, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks.
    12-04-09 12:12 PM
    Yes the tour comes without a camera. As for the other rumors they are just that. Do not depend on them. Tour will have power to run what you listed
    12-04-09 12:15 PM
    The other devices you mentioned are geared towards the consumer side of the smartphone market. Really doubt they're gonna produce a niche device without the camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-04-09 at 12:51 PM.
    12-04-09 12:20 PM
    I dont believe the droid will come with no camera, definitly rumored but I cant imagine true, And I have bets out that iphone will not come to verizon. Enought people have broke down into the Eris and Droid that Verizon will keep building their empire without marketing into the iphone, i think they want to replace the iphone not produce and use it.
    12-04-09 12:23 PM
    Can you hold out for a couple/few months? A Tour2 is coming that will add wifi support and a trackpad (some have issue with trackballs), it too should have a camera free version.
    12-04-09 01:36 PM
    Can you hold out for a couple/few months? A Tour2 is coming that will add wifi support and a trackpad (some have issue with trackballs), it too should have a camera free version.
    See, this is why Crackberry rules. I had heard about the Tour 2, but didn't realize it was going to be out so soon. I can wait another 2 or 3 months to get a device with WiFi. I'll keep an eye on the Crackberry Upcoming/Rumored devices forum. Thanks again.
    12-05-09 09:14 AM
    I can't post the link because I haven't made 10 posts on Crackberry yet, but there is a video review of the Tour 2 on Salomondrin.net

There was a video First Look of the Tour 2 on Crackberry, but when you go to the article and try to play it, YouTube lists it as removed for TOS violation.
    12-05-09 09:23 AM
    Here ya go

Tour 2
    Last edited by lastraid; 12-05-09 at 09:46 AM.
    12-05-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD