How to stop call going directly into voicemail without ringing? It's a curve 8330 Verizon
    02-07-10 04:49 PM
    I had that happen and I don't know what happened but I was told to hit hit *73. When I dialed it, it unforwarded my phone from going to voicemail. Go figure. Can't hurt to try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 04:56 PM
    Just to make sure I understand, you're saying that your calls are going straight to voicemail without your phone ringing?
    I'm assuming you don't even see the call in your missed call logs?

If this is the case, I'd suggest two things:

1)A battery pull - pull the battery for 30 seconds and put it back in
    2) place a call to *228 and select menu option 2 (Preferred Roaming List (PRL)) update. This will update your phone with all the new cell towers in the Verizon network.

Even if you don't have a weak signal, your phone is always looking for the closest tower, and if you don't do this update, basically, your phone doesn't know where it is. It may be trying to connect to a tower that is to far away.

*You should do a battery pull at least once a week, and *228 every couple of months

I personally do *228 every month, but I have US Cellular. Verizon's site says every 3 months, so...

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by crackberrylover2012; 02-07-10 at 05:25 PM. Reason: added Aditional Info
    02-07-10 05:19 PM
    I've done *228, *73, battery pulls. Verizon says it's not on forwarded, but appears to be forwarding. Replaced phone, same thing happened with brand new curve 8330. Do not hear ring or missed call in messages.
    02-07-10 05:34 PM
    Sound slike it is time to have a ticket done and have VZW netwrok take a look
    02-07-10 05:36 PM
    Have had 3 different tickets set up since 1/30/10. Verizon claims they are stumped and still trying to figure it out. Can't believe that I'm only this has happened to. Was hoping someone had a solution that we could share with Verizon Tech. I think it has something to do with my phone picking up another carrier's signal. Signal strong and other cell phone (not a PDA) in family works fine. Thanks for any input!
    02-07-10 05:52 PM
    Sound slike it is time to have a ticket done and have VZW netwrok take a look
    I was going to suggest this, but...
    Replaced phone, same thing happened with brand new curve 8330. Do not hear ring or missed call in messages.
    Sounds like you've already been in a Verizon store?

If they've just replaced the phone, I'd suggest:

1) If you know anyone else on Verizon and they are also having this issue, then as lastraid said, have the Verizon techs file a trouble ticket, and go out to your area and take a look.

2)If no one else is having this issue, then it is likely something with your BBs programming. I would either talk with Verizon Data Technical Support, or better yet go into a corporate store and have a tech look at it there.

A phone's network programing/settings are carrier specific so the technical people at Verizon will need to help you.

While it is unlikely, there may also be something wacky with the settings on your account. I've herd and read of some weird things happening, when people upgrade their phones. If the above fails, I'd call customer service, and ask someone to look over your account with a fine tooth comb.

The last one accually seems a bit more likly to me since:
    Replaced phone, same thing happened with brand new curve 8330.
    02-07-10 06:00 PM
    Thanks for suggestions, but VZS Data Tech can't figure it out. Didn't even upgrade, just replace it with a new phone same model. VZW even gave me and extender, at no charge, so I can get calls in home, but not outside. Told me extender does not work off cell site, so I think it has something do do with different carrier cell sites causing interference. Appreciate any help.
    02-07-10 06:22 PM
    Even if your phone is picking up another carrier's towers, your calls should still come to you without a problem.
    At this point, I'd suggest having someone go over the settings on your account.
    This doesn't appear to be a device issue.
    And you say you didn't upgrade, just replaced, but did you start off with the BB when you signed up with Verizon?
    That's what I meant.

02-07-10 06:28 PM
    Yes, I had a bb curve 8830 that worked fine for 1 year. This just started on 1/31/10. So, I thought maybe my BB was corrupted and got a brand 8830 from the Verizon store. VZW Techs have gone over my settings in Manage Connections. One tech told me to go to VZW store and have my PRL set back to earlier version, but the VZW store said you cannot go back to earlier PRL on BB, only to later version. So, back to square one. So, frustrating, but I know there is an answer.
    02-07-10 06:59 PM
    Sorry, if I was unclear. I wasn't referring to your phone's settings.
    I meant your actual Verizon Wireless account settings.
    There may be something wrong with your accounts provisions on your line.
    Until this is resolved you can get a loner phone from Verizon. It won't be a BB but at least you can receive calls.
    This will also tell you for sure if it's your account settings. If the loner phone does the same thing it is more than likely an issue with your account.

02-07-10 07:24 PM
    Thank you. I will call Verizon and ask them to check my Account Settings on my line. Don't know if they did that on my other calls to Tech Support. Need BB for emails for business. (Those work fine). I will let you know if they can find something wrong with my account provisions. Thanks for your help!
    02-07-10 08:28 PM
    Since you have a unique circumstance where you need your BB for email. They *might* be able to give you another device with push email while they figure out what's going on.
    Also, you might ask If they can set you up with a temporary second line (with a regular cell phone) so you can receive calls.
    At the very least. You could get a second like and return it after 30 days without being charged. I gather you don't want this to drag on much longer.

02-07-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD