My husband and I will be traveling to Canada for a week. We both just purchased the Tour (first time BB users here), and were wondering if we would incur additional charges while we are using them in Canada? From here, he calls his family in Canada from his cell and we incur no add'l charges, and his family calls his cell.

But what about when we are in the country? I want to still be able to check my email (I'm job hunting right now) and access Facebook. Will it cost more? Do I need to upgrade our calling plan? I saw on VZW that international calling was 130/mo for a 1-2 year contract! We are only going for a week!

Thanks for any info you can give me!!!
    10-22-09 01:25 PM
    You can change your plan whenever you want. It would benefit you to switch to the "+canada" plan for the week you are there.
    10-22-09 02:15 PM
    My wife travels to Canada frequently and I can tell you that you will incur extra charges. Text messages are covered-you can text and mms till your hearts content and it wont cost extra, coming or going. Data (email), will incur extra (hefty) charges. It is advisable to get the international data plan, I believe its an extra $30 a month. Thats what we do, between the text messages and her data plan, it usually is enough. We just usually deal with the extra charges for voice-we try not to talk if at all possible.
    10-22-09 05:31 PM
    Thank you for your help, both of you. Think I'll look into that plan
    10-23-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD