OK I have tried every remedy I have read about on this site to get my caller ID to work to no avail, HELP!
    I can answer the incoming call but cannot get back to the call holding.
    I have verified I DO have caller id, tried the send key, end key, and the blackberry key-putting current call on hold and answering incoming call. With these options I am never able to get back to the original call I was on.
    I even called Verizon for help but they said try the BB key and it didn't work. I called back and all they could say was "that's supposed to work"
    Now I don't even take a call when I'm on one because I always hang up on the waiting call.
    Any suggestions, ideas, similar issues?? Thanks so much!!
    06-07-09 11:00 AM
    Try going to the phone screen (by pressing the green phone button) >> menu (BB Key) >> Options >> Call Waiting

See if that option is there, and ensure it's enabled. Then give it another try.

This is only a guess, my work BB is an 8800, but on AT&T....maybe the menu options are similar?

edit to add: Short of that, I'd take it to the store, and show the folks there the exact problem.
    Last edited by Gawain; 06-07-09 at 11:55 AM.
    06-07-09 11:52 AM
    Option isn't there. At least on an 8330.

I know that once I hang up a call with a call on call waiting, my phone rings again with the person on call waiting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 12:18 PM
    My Verizon 8830 works the same way that niubeav described. I have not had a problem with the call that's waiting being lost.
    06-07-09 12:46 PM
    Option isn't there. At least on an 8330.

I know that once I hang up a call with a call on call waiting, my phone rings again with the person on call waiting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bummer...I got nothing for you other than maybe resending your service books? Then try again?

If I'm understanding your problem correctly is this summary correct:

-- You're not on the phone, the phone rings, everything works as advertised

-- When you're on the phone, and another call comes in, you do not get the call waiting screen with the three options (answer-hold current, answer-drop current, ignore). However, you can hit the BB key, and select the option and switch callers

-- Once you've switched calls, and completed the second call, you can't switch back to the other call without hanging up and getting the ring-back

Is that correct?

When I tested on my BB, and hung up the second call, the first call remained on hold until I selected menu and "resume"...

How about you?
    06-07-09 12:48 PM
    Just had a "call waiting" situation.

1. Parents call. I press the Send key to answer.
    2. Boss calls. I press the Send key to answer. Parents go on call waiting. Boss's call is active.
    3. Finish talking with the boss. Press end key. Boss's call hangs up.
    4. Phone rings with Parents on the line since they were on "hold". They never know the difference that the phone has rung a 2nd time. They don't call again.
    06-07-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD