How do use call waiting on the 8330 with Verizon?
    08-18-08 06:50 PM
    Call comes in. You get a notification. Green button = answer and switch to it. Red button = ignore and stay with original caller. Those options will light up on the screen...
    08-18-08 06:51 PM
    Do you hit green button again to switch back to original call?
    08-18-08 06:52 PM
    yes. green button will switch back & forth between callers.

You, on phone with Ethel: blah, blah, blah *BEEP* [it's Lucy. You hit green button, putting Ethel on hold and chat with Lucy]

You & Lucy: chat, chat, chat.... "Let me check with Ethel." [green button. Lucy's on hold and you're back with Ethel]

Repeat as long as you got 'splainin' to do.

Or... you could conference them from the menu.
    08-18-08 06:56 PM

You, on phone with Ethel: blah, blah, blah *BEEP* [it's Lucy. You hit green button, putting Ethel on hold and chat with Lucy]

You & Lucy: chat, chat, chat.... "Let me check with Ethel." [green button. Lucy's on hold and you're back with Ethel]

love your example!
    08-20-08 03:16 PM

On my 8830, when I switch from Ethel, to Lucy, the screen shows that Lucy called. But when switching back to Ethel, it still has Lucy's info. Is that the case for everyone, or am I doing something wrong?
    08-21-08 02:38 AM
    On my 8830, when I switch from Ethel, to Lucy, the screen shows that Lucy called. But when switching back to Ethel, it still has Lucy's info. Is that the case for everyone, or am I doing something wrong?
    That a bug with the OS with no fix in sight. RIM developers strike again.
    08-21-08 09:24 AM
    Hahah Ethel and Lucy. As a matter of fact my Dogs are named Ricky and Lucy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 10:15 AM
    I can pick up the second call just fine. I hit the green button answer the second call but when I hit the green button to go back to the first call it is always lost. Is there a way to set this up or am I missing something?
    10-30-08 10:24 PM
    Same here. I've just dealt with it since i'm usually not on a call waiting call most of the time
    10-30-08 10:28 PM
    Yep, it's happened to me too - would love to know how to fix it!
    10-30-08 10:55 PM
    Call comes in. You get a notification. Green button = answer and switch to it. Red button = ignore and stay with original caller. Those options will light up on the screen...
    Sorry to get in this one ... for those of us who are red-green color blind is there another way this shows up? menu or key or something?
    10-31-08 11:34 AM
    Sorry to get in this one ... for those of us who are red-green color blind is there another way this shows up? menu or key or something?
    Green key is on the left, red key is on the right.
    10-31-08 01:02 PM
    I have tried to switch by hitting the green key, but i get a beeping in the earpiece. I have to hit the red button to stop it and then i have lost both calls. Anyone know what i am doing wrong? I know i am weird!!
    11-09-08 09:27 PM
    hit the menu button then hit flash
    11-09-08 09:33 PM
    i have a question about the call waiting....how do i know when I have another call coming in?

I have received several calls while on a call and never hear a beep or anything that I am getting another call.

So what is the notification then I should be looking for?
    11-11-08 06:01 PM
    If your plan has call waiting as a feature on it, you'll hear a beep during your conversation and the screen will tell you there's another call coming in and who it's from.
    11-12-08 03:04 AM
    If your plan has call waiting as a feature on it, you'll hear a beep during your conversation and the screen will tell you there's another call coming in and who it's from.

Thank you for your reply.

I do have call waiting on my calling plan, but it seems to not be working.

No Beep, and It doesn't show up on the screen.

When I end a call it will show that I missed a call and have voicemail.

I was just wandering if there was anyway to "turn it on" on the phone.

I even called Verizon to confirm that I had call waiting and they said yes!
    11-12-08 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD