Let's say I have a family share plan with 2 lines with numbers xxx-xxx-xxxx and yyy-yyy-yyyy.

If I set up call forwarding so that phone x rings into phone y, do both get charged?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 05:00 PM
    Yes, to the best of my knowledge, it will go against both. But that's free mobile-to-mobile
    08-24-09 05:02 PM
    Ok let me rephrase. "John" calls number x from a landline. Number x forwards to number y, and "John" and I talk for 10 minutes. Would that get billed as 20 peak minutes, or 10 peak and 10 m2m, or totally different?

08-24-09 07:16 PM
    I think you just get billed on the forwaded phone, since the phone thats forwarding is just forwarding the call to the phone, then has nothing with the call anymore. Unless the forwarding phone was being used as a proxy I'm pretty sure it won't charge that one.
    08-25-09 06:11 AM
    Ok let me rephrase. "John" calls number x from a landline. Number x forwards to number y, and "John" and I talk for 10 minutes. Would that get billed as 20 peak minutes, or 10 peak and 10 m2m, or totally different?

You would get billed 10 peak from the landline calling the one phone and then also 10 m2m for the one cell phone calling the other cell phone.
    08-25-09 09:28 AM
    You would get billed 10 peak from the landline calling the one phone and then also 10 m2m for the one cell phone calling the other cell phone.
    Exactly - and if you were forwarding to a non-VZW phone, or to a long-distance destination, you'd get charged on both sides.

It is done this way to keep people from misusing long distance capabilities.

08-25-09 02:42 PM
    Incorrect

The cell phone forwards the number to the other cell phone. So what appears on the 2nd cell is the landline number and that is how it will be billed. It is simply "forwarding" the number to the next line - so it does not see it as a M2M number. The forward is still active on the 1st cell so it will then be billed the entire call as well - like you said.

This was an issue with My Circle back in the Alltel day. People thought they would play the system by forwarding their cell phone to their landline (which was set as a My Circle number) - they didn't realize that their cell phone was ALSO being charged the peak minutes.

Also applies to VM - while someone is leaving you a message on your VM you are being charged as a mobile forwarded call.

Airtime charges apply to all forwarded calls in accordance with your Calling Plan, even if you forward your calls to a landline number. There is no monthly fee on most Verizon Wireless plans; however, a fee may apply on some retired plans. Long Distance is not charged on forwarded calls if you have a plan that includes Long Distance.
    - VZW.com
    08-25-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD