I've tried using *72 to setup call forwarding to my GV number, but I quickly realized that would just shut off calls and send them directly to my GV voicemail. Because phone A is forwarding to phone B, and phone B is redirecting to phone A, its a never ending loop. I was thinking some kind of app to use call forwarding, but is there another solution to this before I buy an app?
    08-25-09 08:18 AM
    You're using GV in a manner it is not designed.

While you can forward your phone to it, there is no DID associated with it & the best case scenario has callers getting 10-12+ rings before a VM announcement.

The technology & concept behind GV is simple - you give out the GV number, not your cell number. GV then acts like a hunt system that looks for you - at home, on the road, etc.

When used this way - the way it is designed - it works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 09:37 AM
    I've tried using *72 to setup call forwarding to my GV number, but I quickly realized that would just shut off calls and send them directly to my GV voicemail. Because phone A is forwarding to phone B, and phone B is redirecting to phone A, its a never ending loop. I was thinking some kind of app to use call forwarding, but is there another solution to this before I buy an app?
    What exactly are you trying to do? foward your cell number some where else?
    08-25-09 09:42 AM
    I set up forwarding where my phone rings twice and then GV rings 5 times so the caller just hears 7 rings. I'm not sure if you can do this with Verizon but on AT&T, you can control how many seconds your phone rings before GV kicks in.
    08-25-09 09:48 AM
    if you are trying to make it so the call goes to GV voicemail when the call is missed use this link . it is instructions from GV to do this, so it was designed to work this way if wanted
    08-25-09 09:55 AM
    I'm not sure if you can do this with Verizon but on AT&T, you can control how many seconds your phone rings before GV kicks in.
    Are you setting this up on a VZW or AT&T?
    I kno wyou can change the number of rings thru any CSR with VZW but I don't know if it will let you control the time before GV kicks in
    08-25-09 10:03 AM
    Are you setting this up on a VZW or AT&T?
    I kno wyou can change the number of rings thru any CSR with VZW but I don't know if it will let you control the time before GV kicks in
    I'm with AT&T. I set it for 0 seconds which is about 2 rings on my phone before GV kicks in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rockigirl; 08-25-09 at 10:24 AM.
    08-25-09 10:19 AM
    OK well it sounds like it might be a carrier thing...
    08-25-09 10:29 AM
    *72+number =call fowarding
    *71+number = call fowarding only when unanswered
    *73= remove everything
    08-25-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD