I have the Storm and im happy with it... mine has no problems. I like the Tour alot though and the improved speed is definately nice. Since I have gotten the Storm my NE2 isnt available for a while but my family has 3 NE2 upgrades which they wont be using. I was talking to the people at Best Buy, which they offer tour for 150 with NE2, and they said I would use my moms NE2 to get her Tour then immediately cancel it off her account and reactivate it on mine (my account is completely separate from theirs). My mom doesnt have a blackberry, jsut some regular phone and isnt planning on getting blackberry so obviously doesnt need blackberry plan.

Will this lock her into any best buy contract or affect any verizon stuff? Are there any problems with this that im not seeing? Is there a cheaper way to go through Verizon? Keep in mind the account purchasing the Tour isnt mine so if I buy at verizon for 200 then get credits to account that doesnt really help me.

Any suggestions?
    07-23-09 01:40 PM
    If you use her NE2 than yes it locks her in for another year. You can do what you're talking about though and use the othe upgrades for your phone. So yes you can do that, but whatever line you use it for will be renewed for 2 years.
    07-23-09 01:47 PM
    Not really concerned about renewing the contract for 2 yrs since been with verizon for so long and will be with them for more than 2. Also what about these things from verizon global and the be thrifty 50 things im hearing about? Is there anyway I can get those or is that just if I buy phone through verizon?
    07-23-09 02:57 PM
    Who knows I think if you call CS they can tell you about your options. The majority of the deals will be known by them. You can also go into a store and ask what kind of deals you can get... Print off any online deals and ask if the will honor them instore.
    07-23-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks blue. Youre very helpful.
    07-23-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks blue. Youre very helpful.
    Why how nice
    07-23-09 03:16 PM
    I picked up my tour at best buy, then got the thrifty 50 thing through CS. I bought mine before that promotion started though and called in once I heard of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD