06-24-09 05:52 PM
31 12
tools
    You know I agree with you there. The expertise level at either can be seriously lacking. Not by all, but it happens frequently enough.

The difference is, at a VZW corp store, there is a definite paper trail. Notes are added to accounts and you have some (maybe not much) recourse, should you be given bad info.

Another difference is probably due to my age - I tend to pay more attention to someone in a pressed shirt, wearing a tie, than I do someone wearing wrinkled pants & an overwashed polo shirt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

yupz, the account notes help.. but the way I look at it is most the people I seem to see as "reps" are typically you know just out of highschool or even in highschool. Not to say these kids are "dumb".. but they def don't have a crap ton of experience yet and I also would say that some kids are brilliant with computers/tech things so it go's both ways..

there has been cases where I felt even though the guy/gal didn't give me the right information at least they didn't give me false information. I much rather hear "I don't know" or "I am unsure" then yes yes sir thats going to work no problem then get home and have it be crap

some younger people on here may get on my case about this post so I guess I should also mention that some of my age group and up also can be not so knowledgable but I don't typically see many (in my area at least) that work the floor at verizon they just have typically been younger but hey everyone starts somewhere
    06-20-09 04:43 PM
    The smartest & most helpful person in the room is the one with enough integrity to say, "I don't know, but I will be happy to find out for you."

06-20-09 04:58 PM
    The smartest & most helpful person in the room is the one with enough integrity to say, "I don't know, but I will be happy to find out for you."

so what is to say about the person that should give them the answer?
    06-24-09 04:12 AM
    Shouldnt be a problem. I have bought phones from best buy and when had issues with them i took it to my local verizon store was helped.
    06-24-09 05:20 AM
    Shouldnt be a problem. I have bought phones from best buy and when had issues with them i took it to my local verizon store was helped.
    Agreed. I got mine from Best Buy. I had a small issue and the Verizon store over here in MD had no problems helping me work out the issues. Added bonus, the phone section at Best Buy had a pair of very knowledgable people that helped me at one point when I was in the area and no where near the Verizon store I always go to.
    06-24-09 05:34 PM
    You know I agree with you there. The expertise level at either can be seriously lacking. Not by all, but it happens frequently enough.

The difference is, at a VZW corp store, there is a definite paper trail. Notes are added to accounts and you have some (maybe not much) recourse, should you be given bad info.

Another difference is probably due to my age - I tend to pay more attention to someone in a pressed shirt, wearing a tie, than I do someone wearing wrinkled pants & an overwashed polo shirt.

Psssh. I hate ironing my shirts!
    06-24-09 05:52 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD