06-24-09 04:52 PM
31 12
tools
    I have a question, my wife is wanting to buy a storm at bestbuy because they have the 49.95 deal going on right now. My question is, that if i buy this phone from there do i have to do all of my dealings through bestbuy or can i go to a local verizon store etc.. I dont want to drive 45 minutes everytime i have a problem when i have a verizon store 10 minutes from me.

Thanks
    06-19-09 11:48 AM
    IMHO... do all your dealings with the verizon store.
    They give you no end of hassel if you buy from a retailer.
    My bf bought his Env2 from walmart...
    We had to have the software flashed a bit ago, the store in our area was giving him a hard time about his phone bc he bought it from walmart. Not like they have the ability to do the software flash.
    I had to pull rank at the store as an employee of verizon to get em to change their tune. I was so embarressed for them. Needless to say we dont go to that store anymore.
    06-19-09 11:56 AM
    Yeah they should deal with you without any problems.
    06-19-09 05:40 PM
    I have a question, my wife is wanting to buy a storm at bestbuy because they have the 49.95 deal going on right now. My question is, that if i buy this phone from there do i have to do all of my dealings through bestbuy or can i go to a local verizon store etc.. I dont want to drive 45 minutes everytime i have a problem when i have a verizon store 10 minutes from me.

Thanks
    Verizon will take care of it. But know that BestBuy adds a number of their own conditions to your contract. Little things like paying your bill late may cost you $200. Downgrading your plan may cost you $200. Removing unused or unwanted features may cost you $200.

Read what they require before jumping on their offer. It may not be such a great offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:09 PM
    The phone may only be covered under Best Buy's (funky) warranty. If you get it from Verizon and have any issues, they will take care of it. In fact, they will send you a new phone the next day and all you have to do is send the old one back. It even comes with return postage, all done through Fedex. You may want to check with Verizon as well. They have deals all the time and just a little while ago, it was only $50 for the phone.

I hope this helps.
    06-19-09 06:29 PM
    Thanks everyone for the quick responses, I was afraid of them having some type of underlying fees etc..

I know i had a heck of a time with them with a tv and warranty repair, at least with the tv I wasnt locked into any kind of contract with them. I think i might just suck up the extra cash and get it from the store or see if they will honor the price in anyway or close to it.

thanks again!
    06-19-09 06:45 PM
    go to where ever u want to but id stay with verizon more able to help if a prob. arise
    06-19-09 08:56 PM

Thanks
    Buying a verizon phone from Best Buy is like buying a Honda at the Ford place, you can do it but I wouldn't recommend it. Especially if there is a verizon store 10 minutes from your house.

BUY FROM VERIZON... call customer service after 9pm and they will hook you up.
    06-19-09 08:56 PM
    Should we post the BestBuy agreement (again) to show who really is the one pulling things out of various body orifices here?

Hey folks, buy at Ultimate Electronics or StarPower. The above quote is indicative of the stuff too often spouted by BestBuy minimum-wagers.

06-19-09 09:11 PM
    yes please do.... show the agreement that they forced you to sighn while you were buying your phone from an IN STORE best buy mobile location. if your pulling something off of the website when your looking to buy a phone from there then you got your fighting britches on for no reason... the website is ran by a 3rd party company... same one that does Tigerdirect.com's contract portion of the site....

and i am not a "Bestbuy minimum wager" I was on the team that helped design the roll out of BBYM on a national level. I have worked with Shawn Score in person on this.
    06-19-09 09:17 PM
    Oh yes - sure thing they aren't Best Buy's contracts.

Take special note of the logos in the upper & lower right. Oh, look at the Web address, too.

Stopped in at store 870 (yes, believe it or not, I chose to slum it - it was right next door to a store I had to stop at anyway) on my way home (North Scottsdale). Spoke to a fairly nice gentleman about the Storm deal. Asked him about the added terms & conditions - interestingly, they matched what I found when I got home.

When I asked him about the price & why I shouldn't just go buy at VZW, he said VZW was $50 higher - not with discounts, they aren't - and told me there wouldn't be an issue as long as I signed up for auto-pay and didn't reduce my plan.

According to him, it is exactly the same online as in store, so why not get it tonight instead of waiting for shipping...

Asked for a copy of the agreement & he printed one for me - the same one here, except on laser - monochrome & all.

So again, look at the attachment. Then for the rest of you, make up your own mind as to whom knows what they are talking about and how there is some serious BS leaking out here.
    06-19-09 10:49 PM
    that clearly says nothing about store....
    it says for return authorization... when the heck has anyone ever needed a RA to return a phone to a store....

if someone is trying to make you sign that in store your ********, that is in no way an enforcable writen contract there is no spot to where you would be required to sign...
    if someone is telling you that you have to sign that then they should be fired... yell ya what, go and get a copy and get there name... i will contact them personally.
    06-19-09 10:58 PM
    All the arguing has been cleaned up. Discuss this issue civilly or
    move along.
    06-19-09 10:58 PM
    Wow. All he did was point out what happens at many third party sellers and to read the terms before you buy and the creeps come out of the woodwork. It is attitudes like that and the probabillity they don't know what they are talking about that cause me to never set foot in a Best Buy store.

06-19-09 11:01 PM
    Woops. It all vanished. Move along. Nothing to see here.

06-19-09 11:03 PM
    that clearly says nothing about store....
    it says for return authorization... when the heck has anyone ever needed a RA to return a phone to a store....
    Look again - the way to it on the website is to work an order. Right before finalizing, you have to agree to the BestBuy agreement AND the VZW agreement - both are linked separately.

06-19-09 11:05 PM
    Woops. It all vanished. Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Yes, it did all vanish. They are fast around here. All I have to do is pass gas & they clean up my posts.

Thanks mods for the quick work.

06-19-09 11:08 PM
    I am not saying that the online agreement is not required, but if you go back and re-read my entire post you will see thay I have already stated that the ONLINE PORTION OF CELL PHONES AT BBY IS RUN BY 3RD PARTY....SAME AS TIGER DIRECT..... It has nothing to do with the store..... If you but one online it comes with a statement that you are not able to return the device in store due to the fact that the cellular online divison is outsourced

06-19-09 11:10 PM
    I think all carriers get bent outta shape when you buy a phone from BestBuy or any other "authorized dealers". I know when I was with the other carriers they would give me **** if I had a problem with my phone and took it to their corporate store. These stores have better prices than the corporate stores but they can't troubleshoot or fix your phone. That just makes you wonder why do they let them sell their products?
    06-20-09 12:07 AM
    I am not saying that the online agreement is not required, but if you go back and re-read my entire post you will see thay I have already stated that the ONLINE PORTION OF CELL PHONES AT BBY IS RUN BY 3RD PARTY....SAME AS TIGER DIRECT..... It has nothing to do with the store..... If you but one online it comes with a statement that you are not able to return the device in store due to the fact that the cellular online divison is outsourced

Okay, to be fair, I did check further - the online component is sourced through WireFly.
    So why did the guy tell me what he did earlier? He did tell me there were some added conditions.

And, on another angle, why wouldn't BestBuy sell their own stuff online? The online component has the same prices, including the same specials, as the store.

06-20-09 12:14 AM
    Not sure why he told u that.... He should be fired.
    Occasionally you will find a phone on our site cheaper than the advertised in store price.... We will however usually match .com pricing
    The reason we outsource is because they get a better deal on equipment and service kick backs so we are able to maintain higher margins due to the fact of we just toss our name on it and the rest is done 3rd party so we spend no money on bby development
    If you get bored some day go call them out on it.....should be an intersting conversation

06-20-09 12:26 AM
    Not sure why he told u that.... He should be fired.
    I don't know if it is just here (Arizona), but most of my experiences with BestBuy are of this variety - employees should be fired. When they don't know, they make it up - often in unconvincing ways.

From failure to pricematch print ads, to sale prices above MSRP to credit card chargebacks for BestBuy shipping wrong items, then refusing to credit shipping, you might understand why I can't stand them.

I recently picked up three Pioneer Kuro 60 inchers - and never even looked at BestBuy - went straight to Starpower, where they treated me right and gave me a price better than online pricing. On delivery, they even color-calibrated all three of them.

It seems like as most of the major competition has gone away because people are choosing online, BestBuy has grown more & more reliant on hype & ads. The sale prices might be decent (or not), but around here, I am assured of shoddy service & info.

As for your last suggestion, I might just do that. Lord knows I enjoy a good confrontation.

06-20-09 02:54 AM
    Wow. All he did was point out what happens at many third party sellers and to read the terms before you buy and the creeps come out of the woodwork. It is attitudes like that and the probabillity they don't know what they are talking about that cause me to never set foot in a Best Buy store.

My sentiments exactly, regarding Best Buy. Best Buy really needs to quash their cell phone retail business. They are blundering idiots!!

Lesson learned: Only buy a phone from a corporate retail store; otherwise, you end up with headaches, and that may very well be one of the reasons you are on this forum right now, pulling your hair out, struggling for answers as to why your phone does not operate properly.
    06-20-09 03:41 AM
    My sentiments exactly, regarding Best Buy. Best Buy really needs to quash their cell phone retail business. They are blundering idiots!!

Lesson learned: Only buy a phone from a corporate retail store; otherwise, you end up with headaches, and that may very well be one of the reasons you are on this forum right now, pulling your hair out, struggling for answers as to why your phone does not operate properly.

now I am not sticking up for bestbuy as I am not a fan.. however I will say even verizon corporate stores in some instances can have people that are not that technically savvy in positions that they shouldn't be in..
    06-20-09 02:58 PM
    now I am not sticking up for bestbuy as I am not a fan.. however I will say even verizon corporate stores in some instances can have people that are not that technically savvy in positions that they shouldn't be in..
    You know I agree with you there. The expertise level at either can be seriously lacking. Not by all, but it happens frequently enough.

The difference is, at a VZW corp store, there is a definite paper trail. Notes are added to accounts and you have some (maybe not much) recourse, should you be given bad info.

Another difference is probably due to my age - I tend to pay more attention to someone in a pressed shirt, wearing a tie, than I do someone wearing wrinkled pants & an overwashed polo shirt.

06-20-09 03:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD