So i'm browsing online looking for the best price for a Tour. Through Verizon its $149.99 but I found on cellstore.com you can get it for $100 for an upgrade? Or free(close to free) at letstalk.com

My question is: if I buy it through there will I still have a warranty? Can I replace it if something goes wrong with it?

Anyone ever buy through there?
    09-04-09 06:17 AM
    When you buy from a third party vendor you are subject to their return policies on equipment.
    09-04-09 06:21 AM
    Darn... Trying to NOT have to pay $150 for a phone... I'm event planning on opening another line so Ican get it fairly cheap... But the risk of it being defective is also high atleast for the tour...

Any sites you might reccomend?
    09-04-09 06:25 AM
    I NEVER EVER EVER recommend ANY 3rd party sites... I've heard way too many customer service horror stories from friends that work in customer care. They can charge a separate ETF on top of Verizons if you dont finish your initial 2yr contract so instead of up to $175 you could pay double that. Some of these resellers buy their equipment from "Other" sources and a few customers have paid for new and received refurbished Blackberry devices with no warranty through Verizon... They play by their own rules, they just resell our service not necessarily our devices so just be careful.
    09-04-09 08:26 AM
    I can't think of any - Wirefly, LetsTalk, BestBuy Online, Walmart Online & even Amazon have some fairly pricey conditions on devices you buy through them. Remove features, reduce your plan minutes, or fail to pay your bill within the first 180 days & they charge you upwards of $250.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 08:28 AM
    I can't think of any - Wirefly, LetsTalk, BestBuy Online, Walmart Online & even Amazon have some fairly pricey conditions on devices you buy through them. Remove features, reduce your plan minutes, or fail to pay your bill within the first 180 days & they charge you upwards of $250.

181 days for Amazon
    09-04-09 08:30 AM
    181 days for Amazon
    I stand corrected - I really need to be careful about generalizations.

09-04-09 08:33 AM
    Eep, never knew that... SO much for that idea.... Seemed like such an awesome deal, and would mean I could get the phone this weekend rather than waiting a while.... Oh well... Love the phone, but still hesitant to spend that much especially with some of the issues... May wait for a bit and see if the price drops... Not sure...

I figured it might not be a good idea, but it seemed like an amazing deal but your right about the third party store.... Hmmm

Im sure even upgrading through the crackberry site isn't a good idea either?

I love the price of the storm, but my dad has the storm and i'm not sure I really want to get it... It's okay but i'd prefer the keyboard....
    Last edited by xEchox; 09-04-09 at 08:50 AM.
    09-04-09 08:46 AM
    As long as you buy it through an authorized retailer, whether it be letstalk.com, BestBuy Mobile, etc.. You still have a 1 year warranty. The return/exchange and DOA policy is just a little different than the corporate worry free guarantee - so be sure to check on that as well.
    09-04-09 10:49 AM
    But will they still have the "can't change your account" thing? I think I may of read somewhere you can't upgrade a secondary well (the third line on the account) through them?
    09-04-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD