Cracked my screen today. Unfortunately no insurance. If you buy the insurance. How long do you have to have it before making a claim??
    06-30-10 12:49 AM
    Cracked my screen today. Unfortunately no insurance. If you buy the insurance. How long do you have to have it before making a claim??
    You can't buy insurance for that phone at this point. From what I understand you must buy it at the time of sale, the only other way is if your old phone has insurance and you change devices then you can move the insurance to the new device. This is how it was explained to me when we moved my daughter to her Dad's old phone. Her original phone had ins. but his old phone didn't. Once it became her phone the ins could transfer.
    You might check and see if it's under warrenty (some have accident clause) or you might be able to buy a refurb phone for around the same price as the insurance plus deductible anyway. Call the CSR and you might get one that "helps" you out.
    I believe buying ins just so you can make a claim might be fraud, I would stay away from that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 01:27 AM
    You must place insurance on your device within 30 days of purchasing it from vzw, after that, the device cannot be insured.

if you have had your device for more than 30 days, call vzw, they can sell you a CPO device (once per phone line per year)

for pricing, see:
    shop.verizonwireless. com/?id=CPO+Phones
    06-30-10 03:17 AM
    Yeah, you cant get insurance after you break it. Thats like saying you smash your car and then a couple days later get insurance and expect them to cover it.
    06-30-10 10:34 AM
    how long does the insurance last.. cause I have it.
    06-30-10 11:06 AM
    Until you stop paying for it.
    06-30-10 11:48 AM
    if its within 30 days of the purchase...call and get ins...then the nxt day report the broken screen. ta-da
    07-03-10 11:32 AM
    if its within 30 days of the purchase...call and get ins...then the nxt day report the broken screen. ta-da
    This is the reason why they should not let you sign up for insurance after you buy the phone and walk out the door with it. Maybe it will cut down on insurance fraud.
    07-03-10 11:59 AM
    Check with your renters insurance, or homeowners insurance if you have it. Some policies will cover cell phones.
    07-03-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD