My wife and I are currently verizon customers with curve 8330. I saw today verizon is running a buy one get one BB deal. Does that apply to current contracts or just to new. We are about 6 months away from our 2 years. Is the tour worth it or will somethibg better come along by then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 03:00 PM
    From what I understand, current customers are eligible as long as you are due for either an annual upgrade, or New every Two upgrade. If you are eligible for one of these, you could get the BOGO offer but it would require you to extend your contract another two years.

You said you were 6 months away from two years so you may be eligible for an annual upgrade. Annual upgrades are offered to customers with a certain price plan after fulfilling one year, of the two year contract. I am not sure what the price point cut-off is on whether or not you get that option. If you call and ask a CS they can tell you.
    10-04-09 03:18 PM
    From what I understand, current customers are eligible as long as you are due for either an annual upgrade, or New every Two upgrade. If you are eligible for one of these, you could get the BOGO offer but it would require you to extend your contract another two years.

You said you were 6 months away from two years so you may be eligible for an annual upgrade. Annual upgrades are offered to customers with a certain price plan after fulfilling one year, of the two year contract. I am not sure what the price point cut-off is on whether or not you get that option. If you call and ask a CS they can tell you.
    Annual upgrade would only apply to one line though if they're on a family share. In order to take advantage of the BOGO offer, BOTH lines on the account must be eligible to upgrade.
    10-04-09 03:22 PM
    My other question is should we go to the tour? Is it that much better than the curve? I am not in a big hurry but I don't want to pass up this deal. And is my secondary line eligible?

10-04-09 03:22 PM
    Well, i have the curve. The tour is nice and yes it is "better" than the curve but the differences arent worth my upgrade or 150 bucks.
    10-04-09 03:26 PM
    These "specials" have been popping up frequently on BlackBerrys. Its the only way they are selling them - so if you miss this one, another will probably be coming before long.

10-04-09 03:43 PM
    These "specials" have been popping up frequently on BlackBerrys. Its the only way they are selling them - so if you miss this one, another will probably be coming before long.

True story.
    10-04-09 03:44 PM
    Its not the only way, sheesh.

10-04-09 03:47 PM
    I am not sure what the price point cut-off is on whether or not you get that option. If you call and ask a CS they can tell you.
    You have to be on a plan 59.99 or higher.

For the BOGO, you need to sign 2 agreements. Any combo of you signing for 2 years on 2 phones works.
    10-05-09 12:03 PM
    Annual upgrade would only apply to one line though if they're on a family share. In order to take advantage of the BOGO offer, BOTH lines on the account must be eligible to upgrade.
    So, if I upgrade the phone I have that is eligible for annual (i.e. Storm at $49.99, and get another for free), couldn't I add the data plan to the family phone and just activate the "free" Storm on that line?

Seems like VZW would like to get you to upgrade as much and often as possible, more money for them.
    10-07-09 11:51 AM
    These are definitely great deals if you can jump on it, the best to know would be to go in to a store and ask!
    10-07-09 12:13 PM

And you know this for a fact? Every phone is a commodity, give the phone away and get the annuity for the service. ATT does the same thing with it's free iphone deal.

10-07-09 12:21 PM
    So, if I upgrade the phone I have that is eligible for annual (i.e. Storm at $49.99, and get another for free), couldn't I add the data plan to the family phone and just activate the "free" Storm on that line?

Seems like VZW would like to get you to upgrade as much and often as possible, more money for them.
    Except that vzw has to pay a commission to either the employee, or agent that does this upgrade, and has to buy down the price of the phone with the hope that you pay your bill over 2 years. After that you can get into overhead, and other costs of business that the service has to cover. I know that they are coming out ahead, but if people were able to upgrade every 3 months it would get out of control, and profits would suffer.
    10-07-09 01:20 PM
    Every phone is a commodity, give the phone away and get the annuity for the service. ATT does the same thing with it's free iphone deal.
    Given the OP's original inquiry, your point to this is what, besides trying your hardest to discredit me?

Why don't you try looking at the entire picture instead of picking what I say apart without attempting to see why it was written?

The post immediately following mine saw the meaning, but you chose to again single mine out.

You are looking more & more like a forum troll, trying to cause issues that don't exist without contributing a thing to the original conversation. Grow up.

10-07-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD