we have 2 lines

I am eligible for an updrade this sunday

my wife just upgraded about 4 months ago

1st question
    do you have to both be eliligle for an upgrade to get the free phone?

2nd question
    the phone i am getting is the tour which is 49.99 using the upgrade. My question is, if i'm only paying the upgrade price would i still be able to get a free phone?
    03-11-10 12:30 PM
    No disrespect viper, but call Vzw. I think not everything is set in stone if you call them and explain what you are trying to do. Just talk to Vzw and get something official instead of what someone may claim to know for facts here!
    03-11-10 12:42 PM
    No, both lines would have to be available for an upgrade. You could always add a new line for 9.99 to get the free phone + the $30 internet.
    If both lines were up for an upgrade, you would get your phone for $49.99 with your new every two, and then your wife's phone would be free. You do not have to pay the full price of $199 in store ($99 with $100 rebate), or $99 online to be able to get the free phone. I am not sure but depending on who you talk to in verizon, you might have to pay the full $199 in store ($99 with $100 rebate), or $99 online for the "free" phone upfront, but then send in a mail in rebate. But I am not sure.
    03-11-10 01:03 PM
    Good info if you were sure jen. Dude call Vzw.
    03-11-10 01:35 PM
    Both lines need to be eligible or you would have needed to purchase one of the phones within 30 days. The mail in rebate is required unless you do it online of course.
    03-11-10 01:54 PM
    Or if you buy a Palm Pre or Pixi than in the store they have removed the mail in rebate and made it instant.
    03-11-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD