My VZW account has three lines.
    One has an upgrade available that started today.
    Could I 'upgrade' and purchase a 9650 from that account, online, and then once it arrives, activate it on my line?

Oh, and is there an option to just charge my account the $100 for the 9650 or do I need a card on hand?

I haven't purchased a device online so this is all new to me!
    08-04-10 11:43 PM
    I could try and help you. i hate making threads and not finding answers for hours. you could always upgrade the other line and just use that number as well and give your original phone to whoevers line you upgraded. OR tkae the upgraded phone, activate it since it's predone for you already. then switch the upgraded phones number again to a non activated phone. after that activate your number on the new phonne and activate the upgraded number to your phone. if you need it explained better just say so
    08-04-10 11:57 PM
    I could try and help you. i hate making threads and not finding answers for hours. you could always upgrade the other line and just use that number as well and give your original phone to whoevers line you upgraded. OR tkae the upgraded phone, activate it since it's predone for you already. then switch the upgraded phones number again to a non activated phone. after that activate your number on the new phonne and activate the upgraded number to your phone. if you need it explained better just say so
    Well, that sounds very confusing.
    LOL.
    If this comes out to be too complicated for me, I guess I shall attempt to find time to go into the VZW store~
    08-04-10 11:58 PM
    My VZW account has three lines.
    One has an upgrade available that started today.
    Could I 'upgrade' and purchase a 9650 from that account, online, and then once it arrives, activate it on my line?

Oh, and is there an option to just charge my account the $100 for the 9650 or do I need a card on hand?

I haven't purchased a device online so this is all new to me!
    Before switching to and individual plan I was on 3 line family plan and they would let me use an upgrade from any line on any other line I wanted. I've done this plenty of times I don't see why you wouldn't be able to and u don't even have to sneak it past them they will do it for you. Just go into your local vzw store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 03:26 AM
    Also be aware that even if you choose to activate the new phone on your line the line that you add to get the phone still gets the ETF for however much that phone costs. So say you get the 9650 for that line but take the upgrade for yourself then the ETF for the 9650 still applys to the line you added to get the upgrade.
    08-05-10 07:40 PM
    If I were you I would do the following: activate the phone on the other line and return the day after or a few days later ask to switch phones. It can be done, I have done it in the past with the primary number but for pricing reasons, we also upgraded at the same time but we just wanted to take advantage of the NE2 for the more expensive phone aka mine. Hope this helps!
    08-06-10 12:18 AM
    It can be done at the store without hassle. It's called a buddy upgrade. I've done it in the past and I'm going to do it this weekend. I'm using my moms upgrade to upgrade my Storm1 to a Storm2. My line is eligible for an upgrade also, but I'm going to save it in case something better comes out later this year and I want it.
    08-06-10 09:07 PM
    I just did it this past Sunday. No hassels! Was in and out in less than 30 minutes
    08-06-10 09:12 PM
    They added that ability to the Verizon website. Go too MyVerizon and you can now do alternate line upgrades on the Web. They don't care. No more juggling or begging. Just log into you account and do it yourself.
    08-08-10 12:11 AM
    It will come to you and be ready to activate on that line's number *228 and follow the prompts. You should activate it on the number for the upgrade and then make the switch to your number.
    08-08-10 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD