I got a quick question for anyone who can answer it.

Currently I have a family share plane with 3 lines on it. But I would like to switch my Family Share to a Business plan, the selected share plan with 2000 minutes @$124.99 and have a total of 5 lines for now. The $124 would be for all 5 lines? And would share the 2000 minutes? I understand I will receive 8% off my monthly bill. Will I be able to convert my plan to a business plan, Even though my contract expires in 2010?

Are they any dis-advantages to doing this?

And yes, I have my own business so I would be able to do this.

Thanks.
    Last edited by HaZe_X; 11-18-08 at 04:07 PM.
    11-18-08 03:59 PM
    I dont work for verizon, but my guess is that all since you are keeping your business with verizon, they would probably allow this. Just call in and speak with the appropriate people. And if they say no, just threaten to port all of your lines to ATT. That never hurts
    11-18-08 04:26 PM
    minimum 5 lines of service to get business priceing.

The discount only applies to the primary line.

call 800 922 0204 and ask for the Business Service Center. open 6am to 6pm m-f.

They will have all the coporate info.
    11-18-08 06:17 PM
    I got a quick question for anyone who can answer it.

Currently I have a family share plane with 3 lines on it. But I would like to switch my Family Share to a Business plan, the selected share plan with 2000 minutes @$124.99 and have a total of 5 lines for now. The $124 would be for all 5 lines? And would share the 2000 minutes? I understand I will receive 8% off my monthly bill. Will I be able to convert my plan to a business plan, Even though my contract expires in 2010?

Are they any dis-advantages to doing this?

And yes, I have my own business so I would be able to do this.

Thanks.
    Business plans don't work like that. You can put a Familyshare plan on a business account if you want to, but you don't get the business discount if you do it that way. In order to get a business discount, you have to have 5 lines that bill at 34.99 per month each. To get those lines to share minutes though you have to add the $5 business share feature.

A business share doesn't work the same way that a familyshare works. On a business share, every line has it's own allotment of minutes for the month that they can use. Only the minutes that are not used at the end of the bill cycle go into the share bucket.

Also you would need to sign a major account agreement with Verizon Wireless before they would give you a discount. Basically, the major account agreement means that you agree to use VZW for your 5 business lines for at least 2 years. If you drop below the 5 line minimum, then your discount is removed.

So, to get 2000 mins on a business share plan, then it will be 224.95/month. (39.99 for 450 min + $5 business share feature) X 5 lines = 224.95, but you get 8% off each of the 5 lines which would work out to be 206.95 + tax.

You also get 25% off accessories with a business account, discounts on phones, waived activation fees if you add new lines on at least a 2 yr, maybe on a 1 yr agreement too. The phone discount is not a percentage discount, the pricing is based on tiers and the phone costs are set to those tiers. An account with 5 lines would be in the lowest tier and would not get a discount as large as company that had more than 10,000 lines. You would need to ask a rep to get the phone pricing according to the tier you are on.

You would be allowed to move to a business account before your contract expires, but it would be a assumption of liability. Basically, the business assumes liability of your personal lines. What that means is that your personal account would be closed and you would be refunded any unused portion of a bill cycle plus the advanced month. So you would be getting money back on your personal account....assuming you didn't have any overages. However, when you set-up the business account, you would be pro-rated and billed one month in advance like any other new account.

Also, your business would be subject to a credit check and could be potentially be charged a security deposit per line if your business doesn't have enough credit established.

So, there ya go....I may have missed some things, but that should give you something to think about.
    11-19-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD