So i open my bill today and I have overages of over 500 minutes yielding a bill of over $250 in overages. SO i check my bill and find that there were calls totalling almost 700 minutes with no phone number.

The back story My 8830 broke a week before the launch of the tour. So i had to downgrade to a non blackberry for a week. NOw the charges are for the day after i downgraded. My only thought is I didn't shut off my blackberry so if data was still active on it i could have gotten charges. Verizons rep told me there was nothing they could do. I pointed out that the charges were this way and that my esn change happened at 7/7/2009 at 2400. The charges happened at 7 am that morning. The rep tried to tell me that no those charges were before the esn change. Like i don't know how time works.

Now i am waiting on a supervisor call to discuss this because the rep swears there is nothing they can do for me. IF i had seen this i would have never signed a new contract with verizon, cancelled and gone to a different company. Now i am stuck paying and extra 250 dollars for a provider i know hate and will actively persuade other friend to not go for either.

Any suggestions for a way to deal with this higher up on the foodchain at verizon

thank you for listening ot my rant
    08-13-09 08:48 PM
    Holler at a Supervisor. Thats your best bet. Most times they will work for you. Don't stop calling untill you get this fixed. Don't wait for a call back continue to call. It sounds like it was a mixup and I'm sure any decent CSR will want to get this figured out.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-13-09 at 08:52 PM. Reason: workin overtime i'm tired
    08-13-09 08:51 PM
    A similar thing happened to me. I downgraded my wifes phone to a razor from a bb and I got hit with minutes of data that sent me well over my minute allowance. I called billing at vzw and the rep saw it and credited it to me with no issue at all.
    Call again. They should wipe it clean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 08:55 PM
    well the rep did call me back. We looked over the account and they did find the mistake. Good news the 150 dollar overage charge on mine was reversed. Bad news the 60 dollar charge on my wifes line was not. is it a perfect world no. But its still a large chunk of change off so i will take what victories i can get
    08-14-09 12:38 AM
    First of all, sorry this happened. Our billing system does not work minute-by-minute it's on a day by day basis so anything that is on there at midnight it assumes was on there the whole day. So because you remove the data plan at midnight billing system assumed you didn't have it the whole day and charged you data for that time. Glad it got resolved though.

Holler at a Supervisor. Thats your best bet. Most times they will work for you. Don't stop calling untill you get this fixed. Don't wait for a call back continue to call. It sounds like it was a mixup and I'm sure any decent CSR will want to get this figured out.
    Bad advice to keep calling. Please do not tell customers to keep calling,
    08-14-09 01:25 AM
    It gets a notation history on your account & then you are less likely to get things resolved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 01:31 AM
    Thats funny cuz normally when I see a well-notated account I am more likely to want to help so this person doesn't have to call in again. I guess that makes sense though.
    08-14-09 08:29 AM
    He was already scheduled for a call back from someone, no need to keep calling in.
    08-14-09 02:07 PM
    OK you're right.
    08-14-09 02:14 PM
    He was already scheduled for a call back from someone, no need to keep calling in.
    Not speaking of VZW specifically, but if I had a dollar for everytime someone in customer service promised a call back but didn't, I'd be a wealthy, wealthy man.

That is why people give that advice - in most companies, "my supervisor will call you" is just a way to get people off the phone.
    08-14-09 04:02 PM
    You could throw in vzw. Tons of reps promise callbacks and notate the acct with no answer. Who knows if they really called.
    08-14-09 04:27 PM
    I for one always call back..
    08-14-09 05:38 PM
    Any issue I've ever had with Verizon they've fixed instantly. I guess I'm lucky? I love Verizon because they are there for ME when I need them.
    08-15-09 04:46 PM
    You could throw in vzw. Tons of reps promise callbacks and notate the acct with no answer. Who knows if they really called.
    did u seriously throw the company that you work for, the same one that thrives on customer service under the bus?

You are a joke. Stop telling people to keep calling in, that is horrible advice.
    08-16-09 12:33 PM
    go to planetfeedback.com
    08-16-09 12:47 PM
    I for one always call back..
    Sometimes tho you gotta call back at least a few years ago I had to because they where trying to avoid me .
    If I had not called back when I did another 5 minutes the manager would have been gone "they said did not realize it was so late" and glad "I called bacK " yeah Wutever lol. But hopefully the new VZW has changed a little cause they took over my carrier again .
    08-17-09 07:17 AM
    I need to know the following: in the original post he claims "500 minutes", what provider in the US charges data by the minute? With an explanation like this it is no wonder the rep did not help you any. If it is indeed for "minutes" then there really is something the OP needs to advise us of before we start bashing the provider.
    08-17-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD