Hello,
    I'm a new pearl 8130 user. I recently switched from a Treo. I don't know whether or not it's Verizon, but the browser is so slow. This afternoon, for example, I keep getting a message that there's a problem connecting to the Internet, and to contact my carrier or administrator. I've tried browsing in Opera mini, too. It's either slow, slow, or it doesn't work at all. Is there some way I can speed things up? Does the carrier, Verizon, matter in terms of speed? I'm missing my Treo ...
    Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Amy
    03-18-08 06:34 PM
    For a couple hours today mine was slow too. It's sped back up, I think there was a server or network problem. Usually mine rolls pretty fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 07:18 PM
    I heard there was a BIS probelm earlier but I canot confirm that as I'm on the BES.
    03-18-08 07:22 PM
    Yeah, I suspected there might be a problem. I do love my new pearl, and don't regret switching from the Treo ... but I do notice a difference in browser speed. I'd love to know if there are any tricks to a speedier browser.
    Thanks
    03-18-08 07:31 PM
    RIM Proxy Server issues. What do you expect when ALL the Blackberries in the world have to pass every data packet through one NOC in Canada?
    03-18-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD