ok Here is a new one that I have never seen befor, maybe those that are smarter then I am have seen this and know how to fis it, when I go to open my browser it says that my device currently does not have any browser configuration service book entires, WHAT????? I checked on my connections and I'm connected but I can't use my browser because of this!!!
    What do I do now?
    12-19-08 04:00 PM
    You need to resend the service books, pretty common after OS upgrade.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    12-19-08 04:03 PM
    I have never upgraded my OS as far as I know I'm still running the one that it came with when i bought it, I don't really understad that whole OS thing please forgive me
    12-19-08 04:16 PM
    I have never upgraded my OS as far as I know I'm still running the one that it came with when i bought it, I don't really understad that whole OS thing please forgive me
    Ok. It is still a service book issue.

Click on the link in my previous post. Enter your BIS user name and password and then select Service Books on the left hand side of the screen. This will resend the service books to your BB. You will get an email that says you have new service books and then you should then be able to use the browser. If it does not come back after a few minutes, do a battery pull.
    12-19-08 05:03 PM
    Here is the official scoop on the serivce book issue. Call VZW and have them use their resouces to resend your serivce books. The do the register now. This will resolve your issue. It was released yesterday and this is a KNOWN issue that RIM is working on.
    12-19-08 05:26 PM
    Here is the official scoop on the serivce book issue. Call VZW and have them use their resouces to resend your serivce books. The do the register now. This will resolve your issue. It was released yesterday and this is a KNOWN issue that RIM is working on.
    So people are unable to resend their own service books now?
    12-19-08 05:43 PM
    NOt at all. This is just the documented fix internally. Us reps have an admin tool that works in mysterious ways , but if you think about it if browser is not working and the books that control the data have disapeared and data is required to send service books.....need I say more?
    Last edited by lastraid; 12-19-08 at 05:51 PM.
    12-19-08 05:47 PM
    Interesting Interesting Thanks For All Of Your Help This Website Makes My Life So Much Easier
    12-19-08 06:44 PM
    so nothing is working to get my internet back up?!?!?!? What do I do now? HELP PLEASE
    12-21-08 03:03 PM
    Try this...Open your options go to Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Hit the blackberry Button, then select Register Now, after successfully registering the routing table reset the device and ensure the browser is on the device, attempt to access to internet.

Worked for mine...?
    12-21-08 06:39 PM
    no luck with the routing table all it does is close it when I hit the black berry button, I guess I will just have to go to Verizon and let them keep her overnight like they want too, I don't want to be with out her that long but I guess I don't have choice I need her to be working
    12-22-08 04:22 PM
    I found another answer to that last night, they need to send you service books...but supposivly if your registered at blackberry.com you can have your service books sent to you via blackberry.com under your mylounge somehow too...that could be another way around going to the verizonwireless store for you. But re-registering your host routing table is also another part of the equation supposivley. hope this helps.
    12-22-08 04:41 PM
    forums.crackberry.com/f71/site-resend-service-books-vzw-53252/
    You got to put http before this link as I don't have 10 posts yet.

I've been going here. Twice my Blackberry internet stopped working on my 8330. Opera browser continued to work though.
    12-22-08 05:46 PM
    no luck with the routing table all it does is close it when I hit the black berry button, I guess I will just have to go to Verizon and let them keep her overnight like they want too, I don't want to be with out her that long but I guess I don't have choice I need her to be working
    You do not have to go to store. If nothing has worked yet just call 800-922-0204 and select option 3 for TS. If they detemone it is a device they will send you a replacement, if you did not buy it on ebay or craigslist or private party
    12-22-08 06:29 PM
    Roeod4... Your Method Worked Like A Charm For Me... Thanks
    12-22-08 07:54 PM
    NOt at all. This is just the documented fix internally. Us reps have an admin tool that works in mysterious ways , but if you think about it if browser is not working and the books that control the data have disapeared and data is required to send service books.....need I say more?
    I will try this next time... not send my self like 18 service books .....but hey i fixed it myself lol lol
    12-22-08 10:32 PM
    Yes, seriously.... there is no reason to take it in to a store and no reason i can think of that they would need to keep it over night. A tech rep should be able to fix it for you over the phone and if they cant there are replacement options or they can file a trouble ticket if they think it's a network issue.
    Logging into the bis site and sending the service books is the easiest fix, unless there is a more significant problem with the phone.
    12-27-08 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD