03-30-10 02:51 PM
28 12
tools
    My wife drop her storm 2 and cracked the screen. Can verizon techs(at the store) replace the screen for a fee or am I out of luck, what are my options? No, the phone does not have insurance(long story please dont ask)...

Thanks
    03-16-10 11:59 AM
    There are instructions on how to replace the screen yourself. A video tutorial can be found at
    03-16-10 01:26 PM
    My wife drop her storm 2 and cracked the screen. Can verizon techs(at the store) replace the screen for a fee or am I out of luck, what are my options? No, the phone does not have insurance(long story please dont ask)...

Thanks
    They will not fix the screen but they can replace the phone for you for a 50 fee...
    You may have to call in if they do not have one in the store.
    03-16-10 01:43 PM
    Not sure about a Storm 2 or verizon, but this is something that a Sprint service center will handle. It cost my wife $55.00 with no insurance.
    03-16-10 02:00 PM
    i broke ma screen on ma storm 1,,and they replace me with a new storm before
    03-16-10 02:11 PM
    If it's not covered under insurance your sol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 09:54 PM
    They will not fix the screen but they can replace the phone for you for a 50 fee...
    I am assuming it a refurbish rigth? not that i really care as long as they can help me out....
    03-17-10 06:52 AM
    I am assuming it a refurbish rigth? not that i really care as long as they can help me out....
    Correct, it will be a refurb, but that's better than a phone with a broken screen...
    03-17-10 11:47 AM
    Correct, it will be a refurb, but that's better than a phone with a broken screen...
    I took the phone to the corp store yesterday and the tech really had no idea what i was talking about he said he could not replace my phone beacuse of the broken screen

Was he just not aware of it(replacement for $50) and can I still get? its this option still avaliable?
    thanks
    03-18-10 12:10 PM
    I took the phone to the corp store yesterday and the tech really had no idea what i was talking about he said he could not replace my phone beacuse of the broken screen

Was he just not aware of it(replacement for $50) and can I still get? its this option still avaliable?
    thanks
    It is until April 1st. So I suggest calling them and having them mail you one. they usually do not have replacements in the store any way.
    03-18-10 12:18 PM
    It is until April 1st. So I suggest calling them and having them mail you one. they usually do not have replacements in the store any way.
    ok i ll try that.... thanks
    03-18-10 12:22 PM
    should i call 611 or tech support directly?

thanks
    03-18-10 12:28 PM
    should i call 611 or tech support directly?

thanks
    Yeah get to Tech they will get it for you.
    03-18-10 03:02 PM
    Being a tech I know we will charge u the 53.50 n send u one or out of a one time courtesy we would waive the fee. Both ways we would send it though

03-18-10 09:06 PM
    Yeah get to Tech they will get it for you.

Thanks a lot for your help...I called yesterday when I got home and one its on its way.
    03-19-10 08:14 AM
    Being a tech I know we will charge u the 53.50 n send u one or out of a one time courtesy we would waive the fee. Both ways we would send it though

They didnt wave the fee but I got a phone coming to me so I am happy...
    03-19-10 08:15 AM
    They didnt wave the fee but I got a phone coming to me so I am happy...
    Good deal.
    03-19-10 02:56 PM
    Yeah since we have goals to hit....a manager will go wave the fee but they have to get a case n screen protector lol....

03-21-10 05:38 AM
    This is done at the managers/stores descretion. If you are a call center rep(which i think you are) stop proactively offering that.
    03-25-10 11:07 AM
    This is done at the managers/stores descretion. If you are a call center rep(which i think you are) stop proactively offering that.
    Until April 1st, no. I will offer that program as needed. It's available as part of the replacement matrix because they do not get a free replacement as part of the warranty if the screen is cracked. So as a store rep just stfu.
    03-25-10 12:03 PM
    Until April 1st, no. I will offer that program as needed. It's available as part of the replacement matrix because they do not get a free replacement as part of the warranty if the screen is cracked. So as a store rep just stfu.
    As a store rep I do take the bold part in your quote personally. As a store manager we are instructed to utilize that process only if the phone can be repaired and is out of warranty. For liquid/physical damage that is something we are told to shy away from. However there are times that we will honor it in store. Usually I agree with everything you say but I have to put my opinion in on this matter because it seemed you took his post personally. Lets not forget that we do represent VZW on here and telling one another off is not something I would do, especially since we know our customer's come to this forum for advice from us. If we can't stop bickering at each other or taking things personally, then you are showing a bad side of who we represent in VZW.
    03-25-10 01:17 PM
    Im a store rep as well and as Jburris explains below, it isnt to be proactively advertised. It isnt an "easy out" to an upset customer, that costs the company money and takes phones out of the inventory that could be used for people that actually need them. Your "stfu" attitude is **** poor and you show it often.

As a store rep I do take the bold part in your quote personally. As a store manager we are instructed to utilize that process only if the phone can be repaired and is out of warranty. For liquid/physical damage that is something we are told to shy away from. However there are times that we will honor it in store. Usually I agree with everything you say but I have to put my opinion in on this matter because it seemed you took his post personally. Lets not forget that we do represent VZW on here and telling one another off is not something I would do, especially since we know our customer's come to this forum for advice from us. If we can't stop bickering at each other or taking things personally, then you are showing a bad side of who we represent in VZW.
    03-25-10 01:34 PM
    I'll say again, the 50.00 replacement is available (until April 1st) as an option for customers that have broken the screen, not dropped it water, not run over with a truck. Cracked screen. Unlike the stores that treat everything they do as some special treatment, I offer the customers the options that are available to them depending on their situation. Do I offer this to everyone? No. Now keep in mind I acted harsh but itsthemusic comment was unwarranted and not needed. If he feels the need to comment on how I work, he can PM me or he can STFU. Because honestly I don't need to hear what he has to say. I don't ask you or anyone to agree with me and by contributing to the arguement you are being a hypocrite. I would not have said anything if itsthemusic would have kept his hole shut.
    03-25-10 02:54 PM
    Im a store rep as well and as Jburris explains below, it isnt to be proactively advertised. It isnt an "easy out" to an upset customer, that costs the company money and takes phones out of the inventory that could be used for people that actually need them. Your "stfu" attitude is **** poor and you show it often.
    Oh and you have a great attitude

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/what-skype-442131/

your demonstration of a proper attitude is obvious.
    03-25-10 02:59 PM
    I'll say again, the 50.00 replacement is available (until April 1st) as an option for customers that have broken the screen, not dropped it water, not run over with a truck. Cracked screen. Unlike the stores that treat everything they do as some special treatment, I offer the customers the options that are available to them depending on their situation. Do I offer this to everyone? No. Now keep in mind I acted harsh but itsthemusic comment was unwarranted and not needed. If he feels the need to comment on how I work, he can PM me or he can STFU. Because honestly I don't need to hear what he has to say. I don't ask you or anyone to agree with me and by contributing to the arguement you are being a hypocrite. I would not have said anything if itsthemusic would have kept his hole shut.
    The problem with your post is it is in an open forum, people will comment as they please, however you choose to be the smaller person by responding in the fashion you did. Yes in the stores we do say it is a special offer, or special treatment and the reason we do so is to build loyalty. Unlike in call centers you don't have to deal directly with the indirect agents (in my town we have 2 within 10 miles of my store) so we have to show the customers who usually can't tell the difference between us and them why to come to our store and not theirs. At any rate, your STFU shows the customer's on this forum, or potential customer's a side of Verizon that isn't true. If you don't like the post backs you get, opinions or not, then don't post. It's pretty simple.
    03-30-10 11:34 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD