I bought a new Blackberry Curve 9330 over the phone from Verizon about a month ago. I did not get insurance Recently, the phone had suffered water damage. But, I had a extended battery in it, so the original battery is safe in my drawer. I know when an original batter gets wet, a sticker on it turns pink indicating water damage. But since the original one didn't get wet, it's as good as new. I was wondering how to convince Verizon to give me a replacement phone for free? The phone doesn't work, and the screen is completely blank. But when I plug the battery in, the LED goes rainbow and changes colors, and the Keys light up. There is no sign of water damage. I was going to make up an excuse that when I woke up one day, it was off. And when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. So I am going to make it seem like it is a phone defect. Are there any Verizon reps out there, or customers in similar situations that could help me find a way to get a free phone replacement? Thanks!
    08-15-11 07:47 PM
    There's a few more water indicators than just on the battery. If you bring it into a store and actually get a warranty replacement (very unlikely). When they go through the phone to check it and see if it's fixable they will see it's water damaged. Once that happens they will just charge you full retail price, and add it to your account.

Sorry, but you are SOL
    ambarmetta likes this.
    08-15-11 07:59 PM
    Next time, just start one new thread, you don't need three threads on the same topic.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-15-11 07:59 PM
    Next time, just start one new thread, you don't need three threads on the same topic.
    I don't have three threads. In fact, I have one that explains my issue and asks for help. I have one that asks for advice from Verizon Reps. And I have one that asks how to fix the actual water damage itself. Thanks for pointing that out and being a troll though!
    08-15-11 08:07 PM
    they wont just give you a free phone
    and next time buy the insurance
    08-15-11 08:09 PM
    I don't have three threads. In fact, I have one that explains my issue and asks for help. I have one that asks for advice from Verizon Reps. And I have one that asks how to fix the actual water damage itself. Thanks for pointing that out and being a troll though!
    Seems you're being the troll and not following the rules of CrackBerry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/

Cross/Double Posting
    Please post to the MOST relevant forum. Double or cross forum posting or other attempts at flooding the forum with a stream of posts will be removed. If you find that you have posted in the incorrect forum, please contact a moderator to have it moved to the correct location.
    08-15-11 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD