I just bought my first BB yesterday - love it! Got the Storm. My question has to do with the USB device I use to access Broadband on my laptop. I am paying $60 a month for that service (I believe that part of that fee is for an additional line you have to have to use this?)

How can I save money using both devices to access the internet?

I am paying an additional $30 for the data plan with the BB.

Last month I went way over on my data usage with the laptop/usb device to the tune of $500.

Is my BB internet truly unlimited data?

I am not able to load the CD that came with my BB.....it says I have a different version of the VZW Broad band software on my computer already. I don't want to take this off - how do I do this?

Sorry for all the questions, lol....I'm loving my new BlackBerry!!
    01-19-09 02:18 PM
    You can cancel the 60 per month broadband service and then add tethering to your account for 30 per month. The speed will be just as fast.

Unlimited for Verizon is 5 GBs per month
    01-19-09 02:49 PM
    Tethering your BB will raise your data plan from $29.99/$44.99 to $59.99 flat and you get 5GB data total, $0.25per MB overage. So it is a $15-$30 increase and you dont get your "unlimited data". The "unlimited" data is for your BB/PDA web surfing and e-mail. But when you tether it to a PC/Laptop/Mac you're now using it as a modem.

Granted this is still cheaper than having a Blackberry AND a seperate USB Modem/Aircard but it is still a bit steep.

Remember that if you plan on tethering to be sure to monitor your usage in the VZ Access Manager software. 5GB on the device alone is very hard to do but very simple to on a computer.
    01-19-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD