I need some help with my blackberry curve 8330 please.

I got a Verizon 8330 curve it had 4.3 software on it. I downloaded 4.5.169 from cellular south and deleted the vender file from the folder and loaded the software via desktop manager.

After it was completed and got to the step of reconnecting to device could take up to 30 minutes the phone keeps power cycling on and off and it finally timed out.

So i hit finished and did a battery pull on the BB after i unhooked and all it will do is boot with an hour glass for about 30 seconds then reboot.

I downloaded Verizons official software and hooked the BB back up to the Desktop manager and it did not read it said nothing was connected cause it kept power cycling I finally went to update the software and it stayed on a soild screen showing it was connected to my computer, however Desktop Manager showed NO pin and no device connected. I loaded the OS and same result just powercycles never loading anything.

What should I do. Is the a place in Desktop Manager to wipe the device and try loading the Verizon OS again and praying or what can be done.

Thanks in advance for help and feedback.
    09-05-09 02:57 AM
    There is a thread in the help forum about reviving a bricked berry. I would start there. I've never bricked one myself, but if I do that's where I'll go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 03:02 AM
    download bbsak (blackberry swiss army knife) to wipe it, then reload your OS.
    09-05-09 03:06 AM
    Here I even found the link for ya
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

09-05-09 03:07 AM
    Okay dumb question, but, does a Verizon Blackberry have to be active and running on an account to do a software update or can I toy around and try to revive this old inactive curve with no service?
    09-05-09 03:39 AM
    U can do whatever ur heart desires; I'm sure u could even use it w/out phone or data services as just a PIM device... Although what's the fun in that... :-)

09-05-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD