04-01-09 07:30 PM
34 12
tools
    128! I am wondering what my options are. Is it possible that the Verizon store will price match or am I going to have to return my new storm to the Verizon (COR) store and then go get one at Walmart thus losing my number that I've already distributed to all my contacts. Looking for the wisdom of crackberry to get me through this! Thanks! Stormcrackers
    03-17-09 08:12 AM
    When you bought the Storm was it with the new 2 year activation? If so you may end up losing your number if you return the phone and go to Wal-Mart. If it wasn't a new 2 year activation you can probably keep the number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 08:19 AM
    Yeah, it was a new 2 year activation. Bummer.
    03-17-09 08:27 AM
    That sucks!! Good luck with all that, let us know how it goes!
    03-17-09 08:59 AM
    Wait - is the Walmart kiosk operated by Verizon or is it an independent? The independents often have additional stipulations and hoops to jump through, like the inability to drop your service below a certain amount.

Carriers typically don't price-match.

03-17-09 09:40 AM
    Just called them and if I return the phone I have to pay a $35 restocking fee. By the time I pay the restocking fee and the gas to get to the store, it really wont make much of a difference price wise. Not happy, but I guess I should have informed myself better.

Thanks,
    Stormcrackers.
    03-17-09 09:47 AM
    Haha yea returning a phone like that is more trouble than its worth a lot of the time. Hahhaa
    03-17-09 09:59 AM
    Yea you are better off keeping the phone you have now. you would end up just wasting money.
    03-17-09 10:00 AM
    Here's another twister - Sam's Club in my area was offering Storms for $79 & Curves for free - on VZW. Again with some extra contract restrictions.

03-17-09 10:03 AM
    don't cha just love all the curve balls the throw in there to get a cheaper phone? mmmhmmmm!
    03-17-09 10:04 AM
    Funny, I saw WM was carrying the Verizon 8330
    Curve for VZW for $8.88. Doesn't do me any good, but maybe someone else can benefit.

03-17-09 10:17 AM
    above all, see how frustrated you get with the DAM phone within one week of use, LOL...
    03-17-09 10:23 AM
    Here is the deal, you may possibly have to pay a $35 Restock Fee.
    They don't they typically price match, and what you may have to buy it from Wal-Mart. The only they may do is try and compensate you buy giving a few accessroies or something of that nature.
    03-17-09 11:13 AM
    You really want to buy a phone at Walmart? There are employees aren't trained well on verizon and will recieve 0 customer service. I would rather pay the extra $$ at a store and get the support invovled with it. Thats just me though.
    03-17-09 03:14 PM
    Funny, I saw WM was carrying the Verizon 8330
    Curve for VZW for $8.88. Doesn't do me any good, but maybe someone else can benefit.
    WM=Waste Management?
    WM=Windows Mobile?

Oh wait - WM=WalMart. I guess that's much like Waste Management.

You really want to buy a phone at Walmart? There are employees aren't trained well on verizon and will recieve 0 customer service. I would rather pay the extra $$ at a store and get the support invovled with it. Thats just me though.
    Maybe they like being treated like trash? I hate Walmart - the service is terrible. Wait in line an hour to return an obviously sealed, unopened & unscathed product and the chromosome-deficient being behind the counter asks, "Is it defective or did you break it?"
    03-17-09 03:30 PM
    I've never heard of anyone having good buying experiences through Walmart. I love the store though, they have everything for cheap... maybe a little too much of everything.
    03-17-09 03:54 PM
    I love the store though, they have everything for cheap... maybe a little too much of everything.
    Hahaha. That's what I say about Costco, BJ's Warehouse & (to a lesser extent) Sams Club. Go in with the wrong car & I am in trouble.

Before I return the topic, I think my biggest beef with Walmart is when Sam Walton was alive, they had the big promise about a preference for Made in USA. These days, it seems Walmart's biggest stockholder is the PRC.

03-17-09 04:02 PM
    I am willing to wait in the lines at Wal-Mart to save money and to **** off people who think Wal-Mart is the demise of America.
    03-17-09 09:47 PM
    Oh... and when they ask "Hey where did you get that cool new phone at?"
    you can say "Wal-Mart"
    lol
    03-17-09 11:12 PM
    I am willing to wait in the lines at Wal-Mart to save money and to **** off people who think Wal-Mart is the demise of America.
    Walmart is not the demise of America, no matter what the left-wing tree-hugging nutcases want to proclaim.

The demise of America will be because we're no longer courageous, we bow to the stupidity of political correctness, refusing to even think of offending anyone, we coddle terrorists instead of killing them, we let them take our guns away, we allow them to tell us what to eat and we continue to buy from China.

Of course, if we're stupid enough to reelect King Hussein of America, if we don't behead Queen Nancy & whack Princes Harry, Barney, Chris & Franklin, we will only hasten that demise.

03-18-09 12:31 AM
    i actually had no problem buying a phone at wallmart - my problem came when ATT tried to tell me that i had another year left on a one year contract. HUH??? u say.. well they decided to put me on a 2 year even thou my paperwork said 1 year.

i actually like it better, because i believe you can take the phone back to walmart if there are any problems. - takes care of dealing with the carrier sh!ttick
    03-18-09 01:18 AM
    that sucks i seen it at best buy for 129.99 after i got mine for 199.99 i called vzw and they gave me a credit for it
    03-18-09 11:41 AM
    Walmart is not the demise of America, no matter what the left-wing tree-hugging nutcases want to proclaim.

The demise of America will be because we're no longer courageous, we bow to the stupidity of political correctness, refusing to even think of offending anyone, we coddle terrorists instead of killing them, we let them take our guns away, we allow them to tell us what to eat and we continue to buy from China.

Of course, if we're stupid enough to reelect King Hussein of America, if we don't behead Queen Nancy & whack Princes Harry, Barney, Chris & Franklin, we will only hasten that demise.

Got Tea? Give me Liberty, keep your Debt!

And Wal-Mart is feeding the demand of folks who wanna save the extra bucks. Good ol all-American business sense. If people don't want it, they don't sell it.

The smartest, hardest-working squirrel gets the most nuts. Lotta folks need to learn that.

Of course, too many folks just want his nuts.

And they voted for people that'll go take em away.

Are the rest of us squirrels ready to protect OUR nuts?

Last edited by BergerKing; 03-18-09 at 11:59 AM.
    03-18-09 11:54 AM

Love it. Couldn't have said it better my self!
    03-18-09 12:45 PM
    that sucks i seen it at best buy for 129.99 after i got mine for 199.99 i called vzw and they gave me a credit for it
    You got lucky... lol
    03-18-09 11:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD