08-04-09 07:55 AM
41 12
tools
    Perhaps we can try to get this information posted on the main Crackberry site as well as other similar tech sites. If public awareness of this problem increases, hopefully it will force RIM to make some changes.
    I agree with this. I told you guys it was a quality issue with the ones made in Mexico. I'm glad others in this thread were able to see this same issue with their own eyes. I'm also glad the other poster also agrees with the Asurion BS quality as well. I might cancel my insurance as well.
    08-09-08 10:18 PM
    I purchased my curve back in May when it was released. Unfortunately, it got damaged over the weekend, so I called verizon and bought a new one (not an insurance replacement). I received the new one today and noticed that the screen looks quite different. It's hard to explain but the color of the LCD has a very noticeable greenish/gray tint to it. I've attached a picture but it was hard to get a shot straight on that would clearly show the difference. Pictures of people on my original curve looked pretty much true to life, while pictures on the new curve looked green. Does anyone know if all the screens have changed? I would like to replace my original phone but will just live with the damage and return the new one if all the new curves have this greenish screen. Thanks.
    Wow..I am not the only that has noticed this

My first blackberry (made in mexico) had a scratch on it...I couldn't live with it and got it exchanged

The 2nd curve was made in canada

I noticed the screen difference between the 2 right away

Honestly, I liked the screen from mexico better...it seemed more deeper and the yellow's seemed more orangish..which I liked

so these are my results

MEXICO--more vivid/colorful screen....keyboard more squeeky....battery made in china with smoother texture

CANADA--Less vivid/colorful screen...keyboard SOLID....battery made in japan with rougher texture
    10-02-08 06:03 AM
    I just talked to a friend of mine with a curve. He said his is made in Canada as well and has the white screen.

Personally, I feel the screen is a major part of the phone and I have been very pleased with mine. However, the green LED screens look terrible in comparison and I don't see how it is possible for them to advertise the same 65K color specs given that it is showing to much green.

Perhaps we can try to get this information posted on the main Crackberry site as well as other similar tech sites. If public awareness of this problem increases, hopefully it will force RIM to make some changes.
    so where is your old/scratched one from?

And how about the new one you bought and subsequently returned?
    10-02-08 06:04 AM
    Just checked agian.....my mexico made one was the same as your picture on the left..and my canadia one was the same as the one on your right
    10-02-08 06:07 AM
    My battery has the rougher texture. I got my first one in july and the screen was normal with light purplish menues if I recall. I got a replacement because mine had a bad earpiece and the green tint stuck around for a while. My friend bought one around the same time and it looked green as well. When I tilt my phone up or down, it reveals an extremely obvious green tint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 12:07 AM
    My battery has the rougher texture. I got my first one in july and the screen was normal with light purplish menues if I recall. I got a replacement because mine had a bad earpiece and the green tint stuck around for a while. My friend bought one around the same time and it looked green as well. When I tilt my phone up or down, it reveals an extremely obvious green tint.

where is ures made?
    10-04-08 12:21 AM
    Something similar happened to me when I got a warranty replacement through the mail from AT&T. The replacement (refurbished) phone's LCD was noticeably warmer/greener.

I took both phones apart and swapped the good LCD from my old phone (keyboard and trackball issues) into the new one. Returned the old phone with the new LCD. Easy enough.
    10-04-08 12:24 AM
    where is ures made?
    Phone in canada, battery in japan
    10-04-08 09:48 AM
    Phone in canada, battery in japan
    yep..mine is also made in canada with a green tint....not a fan of it

i prefer the build from canada...however, the screen I prefer from the ones made in mexico
    10-04-08 10:02 AM
    I was recently told by a VZ tech support rep that they occasionally receive batches of phones that have defects. Perhaps, as suggested by another CB user, the location of manufacturer or parts supplier for screen backlighting materials could be to blame for the QC problem.

Rather than going to the nearest VZ store, you might try ordering a replacement directly from VZ via the tech support online or by phone. They may have a different lot of phones than your store and the quality may be better.

Either way, don't settle for less than the best! We spend way too much time on our devices to deal with green people! LOL...

Heartforhorses
    Last edited by heartforhorses; 10-04-08 at 10:26 PM.
    10-04-08 10:23 PM
    Had a previous prob with my first curve sucking dust in like a vacuum on the left side under the plastic screen vzw suggest I mention the fact I cudnt hear ppl wen they called sometimes to get a new one it was true but that didn't bother me much like the dust anyway I got the new mailed the old one dunno where it was made the new one was made in canada and my original battery that came with the first one is from china n I definately noticed the screen on the new one with a red tint to it maybe it still has it or I'm used to it cuz I don't notice it anymore I thot it was me but after seeing this thread I agree

10-05-08 12:35 AM
    Mine is from canada and I dont see any tints.
    Battery is from Japan
    10-06-08 11:53 AM
    you have to look at an angle from the keyboard to the screen...everyone lcd has a tint..whether its gray, purple, green, etc
    10-06-08 11:54 AM
    had mine swapped out cus of crack screen..def notice the screen wasnt as bright.. and had a green tint kinda,...turn up the brightness and it seems like its went away after a week or so. keyboard leds dont see as bright either tho...
    10-14-08 01:41 AM
    so where is your old/scratched one from?

And how about the new one you bought and subsequently returned?
    My original/scratched one is made in canada. I believe the new one was made in mexico.
    10-16-08 09:45 PM
    old thread sorry to bump it up. I have two curves both made in mexico 4. One of them is a blueish hue, other is a greenish hue. Not sure which one I am going to keep yet.
    08-04-09 07:55 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD