12-28-09 10:12 PM
44 12
tools
    I have huge issues with reps who sell what they want and not to the needs of the customer. I used to sell Verizon. I was actually in the store last Mon because I was having phone line issues and a rep was trying to sell the Droid to an elderly man.
    Give me a break. They don't make money on the phones but they make their money on the contracts. Verizon is really on the fence on getting Droids sold. I think they should care more about what is best for their customer's needs. The man left and without a phone. And while I was waiting on my BB being looked at, a rep tried to get me to go with The Droid on my internet phone number and not get my internet upgraded. I was really irritated. I have no intentions of getting The Droid EVER I am a BB person.
    12-25-09 09:40 PM
    mmmmmmmmmmm I can sense the seething discontent for vzw spreading ......its like sharks smell blood in the water.....VZW's?

more and more posts disapproving.....and more and angry sentiment growing........its tough to be on top isn't it VZW?......what goes up MUST come down.....man I look forward to that day
    12-25-09 10:21 PM
    I have huge issues with reps who sell what they want and not to the needs of the customer. I used to sell Verizon. I was actually in the store last Mon because I was having phone line issues and a rep was trying to sell the Droid to an elderly man.
    Give me a break. They don't make money on the phones but they make their money on the contracts. Verizon is really on the fence on getting Droids sold. I think they should care more about what is best for their customer's needs. The man left and without a phone. And while I was waiting on my BB being looked at, a rep tried to get me to go with The Droid on my internet phone number and not get my internet upgraded. I was really irritated. I have no intentions of getting The Droid EVER I am a BB person.
    Am not bout to dog VZW as they the only ones who approve me for service with them but I will say this - it is reps like those two that care more about promoting Droids than they do about actual VZW customer's needs and wants - it is reps like those that give VZW a really nasty rep

And VZW has excellent service is just those kinds of reps who work for VZW that give VZW a bad name - you would think VZW would do a better job at training their reps after that huge drama with a kid who ran his dad's VZW bill up to nearly $22, 000USD and I believe there was a lawsuit against them as they are at fault for making it so easy for his son to download media and stuff like that...although the father is just as guilty as he entrusted his kid with a cell which gave him the opportunity to get all these cool stuff and thinkin they are totally free went for it and when the bill finally comes his **** is grass as well as VZW

So, yah I think VZW needa take a closer look at how they do things as well as train their reps to do a better job. Don't get me wrong...VZW has excellent service they just needa take a closer look at how they do things.
    12-25-09 11:06 PM
    right on scerina.......man I like that she tells it like it is!!!!
    12-25-09 11:14 PM
    Hey, I call it as I see it

Besides I got respect for VZW cuz they the only souls who approve me for cell phone service so am now an official loyal customer

But they needa train their reps better and do things differently to avoid any kinda controversty cuz I would hate to loose them - would mean bye bye Blackberry for me...*snifflez* and I sure as heck don't want that...so I think VZW needa crack down on how they do things and look out for all their customer's best interest and not their own products and promo's best interest - or in other words care more about us customers and put their products on backburner when dealing with us existing customers...save the promos and whatnot for new customers - they aint got a clue bout the world of VZW as yet...
    12-25-09 11:18 PM
    awesome.......another free thinker.......good on you...not a brand junkie......
    12-25-09 11:23 PM
    nah! am like "WHOEVER TAKE ME IN - AM THEIRS FOR LIFE...unless they **** me off" *LOL*

I just hope my free thinkin don't get me in trouble on here as it often does get me in trouble on other sites...*adjusts her halo*
    12-25-09 11:47 PM
    Am not bout to dog VZW as they the only ones who approve me for service with them but I will say this - it is reps like those two that care more about promoting Droids than they do about actual VZW customer's needs and wants - it is reps like those that give VZW a really nasty rep

And VZW has excellent service is just those kinds of reps who work for VZW that give VZW a bad name - you would think VZW would do a better job at training their reps after that huge drama with a kid who ran his dad's VZW bill up to nearly $22, 000USD and I believe there was a lawsuit against them as they are at fault for making it so easy for his son to download media and stuff like that...although the father is just as guilty as he entrusted his kid with a cell which gave him the opportunity to get all these cool stuff and thinkin they are totally free went for it and when the bill finally comes his **** is grass as well as VZW

So, yah I think VZW needa take a closer look at how they do things as well as train their reps to do a better job. Don't get me wrong...VZW has excellent service they just needa take a closer look at how they do things.
    It used to be in New York State, if you leased a car and the driver of the car got into an accident you could sue the car manufacturer, due to the way the laws were written. To respond to that, manufacturers stopped the traditional lease arrangement. This lawsuit is on the same level and I hope they lose. To quote: "Stupid is as stupid does".
    12-26-09 06:32 AM
    FCC hasnt even filed a suit......there probing......and all VZW has to do is get rid of ETF's........and sell devices for retail.......

Since subsidies are anti american any way.....its like some of you expect corporations to subsidize your lust for BB's
    12-26-09 09:08 AM
    I don't see any carrier getting rid of etfs. A better option would be for the consumer to decide if they wanted to buy the phone at retail. Nobody is forcing the consumer to enter into a contract in exchange for a cheap phone.
    12-26-09 03:29 PM
    your right.....and its a valid point.....but Americans are so conditioned to getting their devices at discounted rates that its gonna be a tough sell......

Tmobile is really the only carrier trying to break that subsidy cycle with their EM+ plans.....which I applaud.....but I def. hear what your saying
    12-26-09 03:57 PM
    your right.....and its a valid point.....but Americans are so conditioned to getting their devices at discounted rates that its gonna be a tough sell......

Tmobile is really the only carrier trying to break that subsidy cycle with their EM+ plans.....which I applaud.....but I def. hear what your saying
    I think all ETFs on phones should really be outlawed and in exchange for staying with a plan for a number of years, you get a decent sized break on the plan...not the phone. Terminate the line, an ETF on the line will apply. As far as the phone goes buy your phone a retail prices and opt for a contract with a discount or month to month without a discount. No matter how it's done, the perception is going to be one of unfairness for one group or another.
    12-26-09 05:52 PM
    probably.....you know why.....cuz i dont give a **** about corporations......unlike you....I care about people....I could give a **** if VZW bankrupts tomorrow.....cuz in its place another better corp. will pop up and hire those Americans.....

I have faith in america and not in corporations.....plutocracy or capitalism.....capitalism has failed......its time to get back to we the PEOPLE

capitalism is has been and always will be for THE RICH......and on the backs of the less fortunate unless you believe in supply side economics or trickle down...which I dont....look at our economy.....and Enron....and AIG.....yeah...trust corporations you patsy
    12-26-09 08:00 PM
    Why do so many underestimate the elderly? I know seniors who walk around with BBs and Droids and use them well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 08:12 PM
    This is kinda like the internet email of the kid who had cancer....no real way of verifying anything.
    There is no reason to doubt a report freely posted by an OP with a good reputation and no motive to lie.

Reminder: On Topic please. The original topic of the thread is what appears to be a VZ store rep's unscrupulous attempt to scam a vulnerable user.
    12-28-09 04:39 PM
    Why do so many underestimate the elderly? I know seniors who walk around with BBs and Droids and use them well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think it has to do with prejudices. Honestly, with wireless the way it has changed, a lot of people like to use technology, and not everyone is the little bag lady paying with only pennies.

The best(and worst) example I could give is the "To catch a predator" series, there were men in their 50's, 60's and 70's in these internet rooms, and we are always taught that old people dont like technology. When in reality, every situation is different.
    12-28-09 06:00 PM
    Artemis,

Thank you for shedding light on this VZW rep. I work for VZ telecom side of this house in the credit/collections department and I speak eldery customers from time to time and a lot of times, these customers are not familar with their bill in relation to their charges, the account number, etc, it leaves the customer confused and need a little bit of help to explain things.

I think if the VZW rep took the time to get someone in tech support at his location to help her instead of pushing a new phone, the customer will not only be satisfied and be able to know how to use the phone more and more and by chance in the future maybe just maybe come back and a buy new phone.....I am not sure of a BB, but a new phone nonetheless and speak to the same VZW rep that helped her out.
    12-28-09 07:09 PM
    There is no reason to doubt a report freely posted by an OP with a good reputation and no motive to lie.

Reminder: On Topic please. The original topic of the thread is what appears to be a VZ store rep's unscrupulous attempt to scam a vulnerable user.
    I can also vouch for the OP, she is a CB regular, and I believe her. The unfortunate truth is that many people take advantage of the elderly, or don't take the time to properly listen to them and get them the best solution. Fortunately this is NOT the case with all people. People like the OP, and like many of the quality VZW reps that frequent CB.
    12-28-09 07:49 PM

He was called away and I ended up talking to the woman. I told her that I found that T-Mobile prepaid was cheaper, the phones started at $20 in Walmart, and if she lived in the city, the reception would be fine. Her eyes lit up and we talked about it for a while, and she left a while later, saying she was going to "look at other options." The rep gave me a KILLER look. Like I care. Boo hoo...you can't get commission now for conning a little old lady. Cry me a river.
    Whether this person is a regular poster or not, this whole part of the story seems a bit exaggerated or fabricated.

First of all, I don't know why the rep would care if they bought a more expensive phone or not, reps don't make a penny off the sale of a phone. The only way a rep gains on a prepay line is when it is initially activated, or if someone is going from post pay to pre pay.

Second of all, if this happened the way the OP has stated, you don't know what the full situation is. I have a mother just like anyone else, and she just also happens to be a widow, and I live hundreds of miles away from her, so yes, my hope is that she's always treated well, and I try to think about that every day when I inter react with others. On the other hand, here's an example. I got upset with an elderly woman recently, because she has been in our store multiple times over the past month because she feels her battery in her phone is not holding a charge. In three to four days, the battery indicator goes down maybe a tick , and she feels that's bad. Multiple employees have helped her, explained to her the proper way to charge a phone, etc. We get a fair amount of "repeat customers" in this category. There comes a point where you have stop this. I am not advocating being mean or nasty, but totally support being firm with someone like this. And contrary to what the OP said about the store, stores, no matter what the carrier, are sales locations first. The store setting he/she was describing was the newest "Evolution" series store, that has multiple areas that encourage self serve options instead of standing in the lines that so many people complain about.

I honestly do not believe the story the OP told.
    12-28-09 10:12 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD