I REALLY, REALLY want the bold, but I do not want to go to AT&T... So I am wondering two things:

1. Will VZW ever get their hot little hands on the Bold

2. If I got my hot little hands on one (if the above is a no) would it work with VZW?

TIA
    12-29-08 09:20 PM
    12-29-08 09:30 PM
    1. yes.
    2. no
    12-29-08 09:41 PM
    1. Maybe, maybe not - could be Javelin or Niagara.
    2. Absolutely not (as mentioned above).

You could read the false-excitement-inducing dummies over at BoyGenius or you could speculate all day & night, ending up miserable.

Is the Bold a nice device? Yes, but so is the Curve. Is the Bold more capable than the Curve? Depending on what you need it to do or expect from it, probably. Is it good enough to go to a carrier (AT&T) whose service ratings are in the tank and who can only give me service between Phoenix & Tucson or between Phoenix & Los Angeles depend on me staying on the Interstate & who can't give me service in the entire metro area? Not even close.

So, should we wait for Verizon to release the Bold or the Thunder or the Niagara or the Javelin? No, because we won't need to wait. VZW will release the devices within a week or so..... of RIM releasing them.

RIM's track record indicates about a 11-12 month gap between similar phones on different technologies.

They cannot release a phone that the manufacturer has not made available yet. Looking at VZW for the phone releases would be like me chewing out my dealer because they've not delivered my new Camaro yet. Unlike the dealer, VZW doesn't have a $2000 deposit from me. Like the dealer, VZW would like to see me with a new toy.

Now, is the Bold better than a new Camaro with a 400hp+ V8 & six-speed trans? Not even close. Then again, neither are the Javelin & Niagara, but I'd wager RIM will release those before they release a CDMA Bold.
    12-29-08 11:10 PM
    why not use a ? when asking a question.

see the title "Bold and VZW!" infers excitement that you have some news about the bold on vzw.

the title "Bold and VZW?" would have been more appropriate, dont you think?

oh and PS. no at&t device will ever work on verizon. one uses gsm technology the other uses cdma technology. completely different things. never compatible. ever.
    12-30-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD