I didn't see anywhere that verizon is releasing the bold. Any word on that? I'm a newbie. I have a treo and am switching to blackberry this week. I was going to get the curve, but the bold looks great. SHould I switch to the curve and then wait a year for the bold? It looks like verizon might be awhile on the bold. It looks like at&t gets first dips on it. How long after they release do phones follow with other carriers? Once again I am a newbie and appreciate the sight. you guys rock/.....
    09-11-08 04:13 PM
    You might as well get the Curve. It'll be a while before the Bold comes to Verizon.
    09-11-08 04:18 PM
    yeah don't hold your breath for the bold
    09-11-08 05:12 PM
    Verizon will not be carrying the bold @ any time. They are releasing a phone in may '09 called the niagra. It is part of the 9000 series but it is lacking some of the key features the actual bold has. It looks like the bold but its not. Go to Phone Arena - cell phone reviews, news and specs and look around. You can see what phones Verizon is releasing and perspective dates. I was waiting for the bold as well but I will go with the curve instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 05:24 PM
    There's some debate as to whether or not the Bold will every officiall get released on Verizon. RIM has a phone called the Niagra in development with a mid-09 target date that will be released on Verizon. From the sound of it, this will be Verizon's version of the Bold, although it looks like it will have a few different features (beyond CDMA).
    09-11-08 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD