Any news on when the Blackberry Bold will be coming to Verizon? Also, has anyone heard any rumors about an upgrade from the AT&T Bold?

I know that there are some forums already talking about this but most of them are at least a year old. I figured posting this on the Verizon forum made sense.

Sorry if this is a re-post.
    12-27-09 11:08 PM
    Isn't the Bold a GSM phone? If it is it wont come to verizon because VZW is CDMA.
    12-27-09 11:22 PM
    The Bold is a GSM phone so it won't be coming to VZW. Rumor has it that the Essex which is basically a Tour with a trackpad will be coming soon. The 9650 (Essex/Tour2) looks to be pretty similar to the Bold 9700.
    12-28-09 03:24 PM
    The Bold is a GSM phone so it won't be coming to VZW. Rumor has it that the Essex which is basically a Tour with a trackpad will be coming soon. The 9650 (Essex/Tour2) looks to be pretty similar to the Bold 9700.
    What's the diff b/t GSM and 3G? I thought the 9700 was a 3G phone? What is the fastest phone on VZW in this case!?
    12-29-09 03:19 PM
    The Bold line is for GSM Networks, that's the 9000 & 9700

The Tour line is for CDMA Networks, that's the 9630, and the to be released 9650 (???)

They are each the top of the line (non touch) blackberry for their respective networks.
    12-29-09 03:38 PM
    GSM is a type of network and 3g is a speed designation (sort of).
    What you're asking is like, "what's the difference between diesel and 50 MPH?"

The most similar phone is the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 03:38 PM
    OK, so does the Tour on VZW work on the advertised "3G" network that is suppd to be so much better than ATT? How do GSM and CDMA compare in speed? My curve is slow(browser/processr), and I really like the 9700 tech specs. Do the 9700 and Tour match up well?
    12-29-09 03:51 PM
    OK, so does the Tour on VZW work on the advertised "3G" network that is suppd to be so much better than ATT? How do GSM and CDMA compare in speed? My curve is slow(browser/processr), and I really like the 9700 tech specs. Do the 9700 and Tour match up well?
    i own a tour and a bold and if I can be honest with you the tour is noticeably slower device it has a lower clock speed and you can notice this. However the tour is still a decent phone its just not as fast but if your thinking about getting one I would wait for the essex as it has wi-fi but really the bold is the king of blackberrys as far as power go's
    12-29-09 03:56 PM
    i own a tour and a bold and if I can be honest with you the tour is noticeably slower device it has a lower clock speed and you can notice this. However the tour is still a decent phone its just not as fast but if your thinking about getting one I would wait for the essex as it has wi-fi but really the bold is the king of blackberrys as far as power go's
    S'what I was afraid of...no bold on Verizon!!!! That suxxxx!!! Which phone is the essex? A tour or bold or what?
    12-29-09 04:17 PM
    Code name Essex refers to the Tour line, it's the Tour2, possibly model 9650. It's coming soon, 1 to 3 months. It's a Tour, but it has wifi and the trackpad.
    12-29-09 04:29 PM
    A number of sites mention the Bold coming to Verizon (including RIM's blog). However all of them are from 2008 and mention sometime between January 2009 and summer of 2009 as the release time. I cannot post the links since I'm a crackberry newbie but just google verizon and blackberry bold to see what I'm talking about.

I currently have a Storm and am sick of the constant freezing and the other small but irritating problems and I want to buy a new Blackberry. However, I have huge hands and cannot accurately type on 90% of blackberries. I tried my friend's Bold and I could actually accurately type on the Bold so I've decided not to buy a blackberry until I here some current news about the Bold and RIM makes a phone with bigger keys. If this doesn't happen in the next year or so I really don't know what I'm going to do.

One of my friends told me to buy a Bold off of Amazon and bring it to Verizon. Does anyone know if that would work? Does anyone know of a modern Blackberry with big keys?
    12-30-09 01:08 AM

One of my friends told me to buy a Bold off of Amazon and bring it to Verizon. Does anyone know if that would work? Does anyone know of a modern Blackberry with big keys?
    No, unfortunately not. They are different technologies, as has been mentioned in this thread. As of right now, your closest bet is the Tour 9630 (or maybe wait for 9650 Essex) as those keyboards are as close as you'll get to the original Bold keyboard.
    12-30-09 01:38 AM
    The Bold WILL NOT work on Verizon because as someone mentioned above the CDMA network is incompatible with the Bold.
    12-30-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD