Should I stay with Verizon and pick up a Storm or switch to AT&T and go with a Bold? I travel to China, Japan, Russia, and Canada somewhat regularly for work.
    10-18-08 12:07 PM
    Do you want a touch screen or no? That is basically the main question. The Storm is a Global phone so it should be able to work on both CDMA/GSM wherever you travel( what I have read). If you want a Physical keyboard, then get the Bold. Both great phones but the Storm is better I believe. Also, the Storm has no WiFi, so if that is a factor for you then get the Bold.

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    10-18-08 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the welcome.

The touch screen feature doesn't really matter to me. The Bold having WiFi is rather nice. Ideally, I'd like the phone better suited for email and web browsing. I just wish Blackberry's would support Flash so I could browse sites like Youtube and Liveleak.
    10-18-08 01:19 PM
    I'm able to browse and view yooutube videos on my 8330 curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 02:20 PM
    It would be nice if vzw had both models so that I could do a hands on test and decide. I've never had a touch screen before. Not sure if the finger prints and smudges on the screen would drive me crazy.

10-18-08 04:08 PM
    It comes down to personal preference. I own a bold and an iphone 3g (I know its no storm but it is a touch screen based device). I have to say the iphone is the biggest pain to type on if you send a lot of emails and sms. I hate that you have to stare at the screen to type where as with the bold I can type away with out having to worry about if I'm hitting the correct keys. The lack of tactical feedback is a real turn off on a business device in my opion. If you are looking for a business device I would go with the bold, if you are looking for a novelty device the storm is a better candidate.

10-19-08 12:16 AM
    Both are great choices, the touchscreen storm just gets the edge in my books as I love the look and I am a big fan of CDMA up here. It is the deciding factor for me, I like to use my phone outside of major cities!
    10-19-08 10:30 AM
    It all depends on what you prefer. Do you want a touch screen device, or not. Which carrier do you prefer, etc. I personally would go with the bold, because I am not keen on touchscreens. I might give the touch screen a trey when T-mobile gets it, but until then I have my eyes on the curve 8900.
    10-19-08 10:49 AM
    The final decision you need to make is if you want a static keyboard or a touch screen keyboard. It is a HUGE difference as two of my friends have iPhones and I've used them.
    10-19-08 10:54 AM
    I would be doing alot of emailing with the phone. I had an iTouch and emailing and web browsing was a real PITA. I think I'll change carriers to AT&T and pick up a Bold if it's ever released
    10-19-08 03:58 PM
    Great post THT. I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm ready to switch from Sprint and both AT&T and Verizon are good in my area.

I wonder which will have faster web browsing and processing speed. Or are these two different types of technologies?

Most of my friends have Verizon, but I'm super hesitant of the touch screen.

Whose screen is better for watching movies?

Again, great post!

TIA.
    Stever
    10-19-08 07:52 PM
    I think you should also consider the carriers. I'm a Sprint customer but I would choose Verizon over AT&T any day. Their network is much more reliable. Problems with ATT's network are the main cause for the delayed release of the bold.

10-19-08 09:38 PM
    Hubby was recently trying to make this decision. He really liked the Bold , but he decided to go with the curve on verizon. For the past few years he has been using a treo on at&t and at&t was not reliable in our area. Although the treo had a touch screen it also had a keyboard.
    10-20-08 07:43 AM
    IMO...No company ever gets it right the first time around. The Storm will be RIM's first "touch" phone and it will most likely be a decent device but I would wait for the second generation. The Bold on the other hand is the type of phone that RIM is known for and will be great no doubt about it. Typing on a touch screen keypad sucks. There are talks about a hybrid BB with touch screen and a physical keypad. I'll be waiting for that one...in the mean time...I say go Bold.
    10-20-08 12:38 PM
    I think what I'm going to do is test the Bold on AT&T and if it gets reception in the areas that I spend 90% of my time, I'll stay with AT&T. If it flops, I'll stick with Verizon and see about getting a Storm.
    10-21-08 01:34 PM
    I think you should also consider the carriers. I'm a Sprint customer but I would choose Verizon over AT&T any day. Their network is much more reliable. Problems with ATT's network are the main cause for the delayed release of the bold.

So.... You're a Sprint customer talking about AT&T's network reliability? Sorry... That really made me laugh...

I think you will be happy with the bold on AT&T THT.
    10-21-08 02:40 PM
    Well I had an instinct and switched to the curve because touchscreen was not for me. I kept cleaning the screen b/c of fingerprints and I hated surfing the web with the touchscreen. Having a physical keyboard is soo much better. Thank God I work at Best Buy and they let me exchange my phone b/c I would have died if I had to keep that pos for 2yrs . I say try them both out and make your decision that way.

10-21-08 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD