03-17-09 01:10 AM
139 123 ...
tools
    Are the rumors true about the BB BOLD coming to verizon? If so when... Have you guys heard of anything?
    01-11-09 09:06 AM
    it will probably be a cdma version of the bold. not the exact thing. im hoping for may, which is when another blackberry-codename niagara-comes out. it will probably be this year, so keep hope
    01-11-09 09:14 AM
    The Niagara is suppose to be the CDMA version of the Bold.
    01-11-09 12:18 PM
    The Niagara is suppose to be the CDMA version of the Bold.
    yes yes this is true *edit*
    Last edited by Duvi; 01-12-09 at 11:11 PM. Reason: language
    01-12-09 07:31 PM
    yes yes this is true
    Wow...that gets through but a word in the bible that starts with w and rhymes with snore doesn't? Bah.
    Last edited by Duvi; 01-12-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: quote edit.
    01-12-09 07:33 PM
    Supposed to be released Q1 of 2009

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:33 PM
    i just got the curve, and will be hapily paying full retail for the Bold on VZW, assuming it isnt F'd up by verizon
    01-12-09 11:55 PM
    Light a candle that verizon doesn't make it fubar.

01-13-09 06:32 AM
    Somehow I'm doubting this. We have until March for the Q1 release, and nothing official is out. The economy is too ****ty right now to be running around releasing new phones. No one would spend that kind of cash on them (except us!)
    01-13-09 09:54 PM
    Please search guys. We are getting Niagara which is a CDMA variant of the Bold. Spring is getting it this spring so we should not be far behind. According to images on the various blog sites the form factor will e different though.
    01-14-09 03:12 AM
    In the "bold verizon" thread, BB397 said it will be released in Q1, and not in Q2 (May).

Or at least that's what I think he meant...maybe someone else can translate for me?
    01-14-09 11:28 AM
    Yes it is coming to Verizon but from what I have been told, it will hit Sprint first.
    01-14-09 11:34 AM
    Yes it is coming to Verizon but from what I have been told, it will hit Sprint first.
    god damnit! I swear if there is ever a time i leave VZW it will be for the simple fact that they are so delayed on new devices.
    01-14-09 02:21 PM
    god damnit! I swear if there is ever a time i leave VZW it will be for the simple fact that they are so delayed on new devices.
    Verizon will most likley release the device at MOST 2-3 weeks after Sprint. I would expect same date release, or at least within a few days.
    01-14-09 02:30 PM
    When they talk about quarters are they calender year quarters or fiscal year quarters? Doesn't the fiscal year lag 1 quarter behind the calender year? Aka FYQ1 = CYQ2?

01-14-09 03:48 PM
    calendar years. fiscal years are for reporting financial data, not phone release dates. so q1 ends on march 31, 11:59:59. that's 10 weeks, so there is time for a bold to get released in q1...
    01-14-09 03:55 PM
    Personally, knowing Sprint's issues, I doubt they will get any RIM device before VZW.

01-14-09 09:21 PM
    Personally, knowing Sprint's issues, I doubt they will get any RIM device before VZW.

It'll be like the Curve last year, getting them within a day or so of each other.
    01-15-09 01:29 AM
    According to images on the various blog sites the form factor will e different though.
    I haven't noticed this, yet... where did you see the pictures that show the form factor of the VZW Bold different than any other?

No offense, but, I don't believe it. For example, all current VZW RIM phones are all the same form-factors as their counterparts - the 8830 is exactly the same as the 8820, 8810, 8800 (except for the internals, obviously). And the Curve - the same as well.

I just want to see what you're talking about to compare for myself.
    01-17-09 07:59 AM
    I haven't noticed this, yet... where did you see the pictures that show the form factor of the VZW Bold different than any other?

No offense, but, I don't believe it. For example, all current VZW RIM phones are all the same form-factors as their counterparts - the 8830 is exactly the same as the 8820, 8810, 8800 (except for the internals, obviously). And the Curve - the same as well.

I think this is the pic most are seeing...

Kinda looks like a Storm but with a keyboard.
    01-17-09 12:39 PM
    Looks a little smaller than the original Bold eh?
    01-17-09 04:14 PM

I just love when people post stuff like that without doing the research.

CX (Crutial_Xtreme, a RIM employee) has stated numerous times on this site and HoFo that the CDMA version of the Bold is the Niagara.

Now Blackberry Guy beat me to the punch and posted the pic I was going to direct you to. It was one of those on a BGR blog post. It's a picture of a drawing, notice it says "Niagara"

Kevin has used it in a few blog posts as well. If you want to take a look at them that show the back and basically the form factor change in the front seems to be to accommodate how they changed the back. The battery door is more like the Storm and the Curve and not the whole back like the Bold 9000. I nerve realized how flawed that design is until I got one myself. The whole back is held on by 3 tiny little protrusions and one latch. I had to have my first Bold exchanged because the battery door would not stay on. I can only imagine how it would be if dropped and one or more of those clasps or the latch broke.

@ Hamp89

Yes it does seem a tad smaller than the original bold which is actually a good thing, at least to me. The original bold is quite bulky but if the size of Niagara is basically what the Storm is I'll grab one in a second. (well I probably will anyway reguardless ;-) )
    01-18-09 02:27 AM
    I just love when people post stuff like that without doing the research.
    Oh, sorry...I didn't realize I had to spend my life on the 'net just to validate every comment on my own. I've got better things to do.

I think this is the pic most are seeing...
    Thanks BBGuy... yea - I do recall seeing this picture. I suppose I forgot about it being out there.

The picture does look quite a bit different than the bold - in many ways other than just basic form factor. Any chance RIM will release this AS the Niagara instead of a CDMA BOLD? It's curious that it is so different that the current BOLD whereas other models don't stray nearly this far from any other model provided to different carriers.

Actually, after comparing this picture to the new Curve 8900, the almost look identical. In my opinion, it looks more closely related to the new CURVE than it does the BOLD.
    Last edited by ksat; 01-18-09 at 10:58 AM.
    01-18-09 08:31 AM
    I have several customers that are anxiously awaiting the Niagara. As far as we in the SW Market know, it will be released in May, although that could change.
    What is "SW?"

Sweden?
    Southwest?
    See if it Works?
    01-18-09 01:34 PM
    SW= South West
    01-18-09 01:35 PM
139 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD