I currently have the option to get the Storm 2 or the Bold 9650 (Tour 2).
    i want to know which phone is better moving forward.
    I dont do anything extra with my phone, I am just an "average" smartphone user.

So I need to know which phone to get, and why?
    Keeping in mind of OS 6

anybody? please?
    07-18-10 02:31 PM
    I've had both and I like the Bold better. The increased ram and internal memory makes it much more stable and upgradable to OS6. I have one of the first ones made and I still haven't had to pull the battery due to freezing or something not working right.
    07-18-10 02:58 PM
    Well...

Its looking like the Bold 9650 will definitely get OS6 while Storm 2 is up in the air. It really depends on what you believe when you read the threads and blogs.

As for your phone: it depends on what you want. Do you want a touchscreen phone or a tactile keyboard?

You can always wait until the Storm3 hits... there's really no telling when that will be as we don't have hardly any information on it, but it's coming eventually.

Based on your info here, looks like you've already got a Storm 2? Do you like it - the look and feel, using it, etc? Would you rather have the tactile keyboard and more on-board memory?
    07-18-10 03:00 PM
    coming from a storm 1 and loving my phone due to its screen size and loving touch screen, I was hesitant in upgrading. I really wanted a storm 2 but then decided to go with the bold 9650. I have to say there is no turning back. Even though the screen is smaller and i miss my touch screen having the extra memory is out of this world not having to think should i download an app or not. Again its all a matter of preference but in my opinion you cant go wrong.
    07-18-10 04:36 PM
    i do alot of battery pulls with the Storm,
    it seems like a headache.
    i dont want to get the Bold and have the same problem.

i also just want the phone that will have the best performance.
    07-19-10 08:30 AM
    coming from a storm 1 and loving my phone due to its screen size and loving touch screen, I was hesitant in upgrading. I really wanted a storm 2 but then decided to go with the bold 9650. I have to say there is no turning back. Even though the screen is smaller and i miss my touch screen having the extra memory is out of this world not having to think should i download an app or not. Again its all a matter of preference but in my opinion you cant go wrong.
    Even though the screen is smaller, I miss that part too, Bold OS is far more stable than the two most recent S2 offerings from VZW.

This isn't to say 732 is flawless, but I can live with the new email indicator on my Gmail folder after I've read new emails. I couldn't live with the constant lag and horrible battery life on S2's 607, and sounds like 713 isn't much better.
    07-19-10 08:38 AM
    i ordered the bold.
    i'll let you know what i think in about a week.
    07-20-10 08:11 AM
    Congrats on the new Bold. No need to post in both forums, though.
    07-20-10 08:13 AM
    It's been a little over a week, and i'm telling you Hands Down the Bold is the better device.

If anybody is contemplating on which to get please choose the Bold. I also found that many of the people who don't like there Blackberrys are Storm users, because they are always trying to compare there phones to the Iphone and the Droid.

The physical keyboard is unmatched, i can type much faster anddddd without looking ( ). It makes my life alot easier, so i can send text messages and emails when my boss is around

Also the phone does lag alot less. The phone doesnt even lag at all, with the storm 9550 i was doing a battery pull 8-9 times a week, i haven't had to do ONE yet with this phone.

Also the 9650 has been caught using Os 6 so that is a plus. All in all this device is great, and if you or somebody you know is caught and has to make the same decision, please pick the Bold.

in reply; the reason i didn't pick Droid is because no other cell phone company makes connecting with people easier than BlackBerry, Droid is full of powerfull, useless apps that you'll use once every 2 months. My blackberry is solid, and is CLUTTTCCHHHHH.

ps >> the Display on this phone is beautiful...
    07-31-10 10:25 AM
    STOP double posting threads and post!
    07-31-10 10:37 AM
    I have both phones and they're both awesome I'm currently using the storm and
    have the bold in the closet. Its hard to choose between the two. Yes the bold has more ram and everyone knows its going to get Os6 but the storms screen is awesome. If it gets Os6 I will probably keep it as my primary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 07:07 PM
    Last edited by philbert81; 08-04-10 at 02:18 AM.
    08-01-10 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD