I am eligible for ne2 next week and am considering (hesitantly) the Tour. Apparently, I can get a second device free. My other half has been interested in netbooks recently. I have not really reviewed netbooks but understand they generally use wi-fi.

So the Verizon offer, an HP, requires a plan. What I'm wondering if for how long must one contract for the plan? One year would about equal the price of the netbook and then rely on wi-fi. But two years would be more than we want. Actually, don't want any more PLANS but one year might be worth it.

Anyone have info that could help?

Thanks in advance
    09-02-09 08:47 PM
    two year contract is required on both devices
    09-02-09 08:57 PM
    getting suck on a contract sucks
    09-02-09 10:09 PM
    I personally don't like HP Netbooks. If you really wanted to get a Netbook, then get a Dell or something with VZW internet built in. That way you won't have to worry about a contract.
    09-02-09 11:41 PM
    It depends on what price you want to pay 1yr or 2yr. But whats to say you dont purchase it then change the ESN to an old phone you have and put it on your family plan for $9.99 a month?
    09-03-09 03:07 PM
    The vzw netbook is awesome, I love mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 09:16 PM
    The net book to me is worth it being free and worth the contract...i already have 4 lines why not five?I think it sucks u have to add a line though,hp minis netbooks at walmart are 349.00 withouth a contract , mine was free even though i got my tour last month it was retroed today,it will be here tomorrow or friday.
    09-09-09 01:24 PM
    AFAngryWarrior,
    You totally just gave the worst info ever. You cannot have a netbook on a family plan for 9.99... Really???? Its just like an aircard and costs 59.99 per month.
    If the OP wants a netbook and no plan they should go to bestbuy or walmart and get one. Netbooks aren't something special only cell carriers have.

09-09-09 01:31 PM
    AFAngryWarrior,
    You totally just gave the worst info ever. You cannot have a netbook on a family plan for 9.99... Really???? Its just like an aircard and costs 59.99 per month.
    If the OP wants a netbook and no plan they should go to bestbuy or walmart and get one. Netbooks aren't something special only cell carriers have.

Yeah plus the ones at walmart have 160gig hdd,the verizon netbooks are 80gig....at the moment i cant aford to pay cash for the walmart ones.so i got it from verizon for free.
    09-09-09 03:13 PM
    Free is always good...

09-09-09 07:37 PM
    I love my netbook so much that once I reupgrade to the Tour I may take advantage of the bogo to get a free one

09-09-09 08:19 PM
    AFAngryWarrior,

He told him to change the aircard to an old phone, which will switch it to a regular phone line , which would only be 9.99 a month, for the add-a-line.

Still a silly idea, because you would pay just as much in the long run.
    09-09-09 08:20 PM
    I don't think switching the esn to an old phone would even remotely work, and if it did you would likely have to pay an etf on the aircard(netbook)

09-10-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD