11-13-09 08:25 PM
27 12
tools
    So it was supposed to end on the 7th but it still seems to be going on- Does anyone have an idea how long this promotion will last?? thanks
    11-10-09 11:13 AM
    Nope, but I would say until they end it. Why not wait for an answer where you posted it the first time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 12:07 PM
    Nope, but I would say until they end it. Why not wait for an answer where you posted it the first time?

because I have the patience of a 3 year old... And btw- still dont have my answer
    11-10-09 01:09 PM
    It's probably going until thanksgiving because black friday Verizon usually launches new promotions..
    11-10-09 01:14 PM
    It is hard to tell - VZW often extends promos without notice or explanation.

I can't help but notice another possibility - backstocks of BlackBerrys are piling up & several carriers are implementing BOGOs to get rid of them.

11-10-09 04:09 PM
    I too am curious about this because I wanted to get a curve2 on this deal.

Can anyone tell me if I do a bogo on say storm2 and tour if I can swap one out for a curve 2 within 30 days?
    11-11-09 12:38 PM
    I was going to order on the BOGO yesterday and got sidetracked. When I went to do it today, I didn't see the same ad and thought I blew it. I called and the rep told me you had to have two lines available for upgrade, not new lines, to get the BOGO. I had clicked on one of the deals and then I saw the BOGO offer and it said new lines so I processed it and it went through. $127 for two Tours +tax. Not bad at all...
    11-12-09 07:54 PM
    I was going to order on the BOGO yesterday and got sidetracked. When I went to do it today, I didn't see the same ad and thought I blew it. I called and the rep told me you had to have two lines available for upgrade, not new lines, to get the BOGO. I had clicked on one of the deals and then I saw the BOGO offer and it said new lines so I processed it and it went through. $127 for two Tours +tax. Not bad at all...
    Did you get your phones yet??? I just did the same exact thing you did just this Wednesday...ordered a Tour and added a line to my plan...and the BOGO offer came up...I was like WHOA...my line isnt due for an upgrade...so I picked another Tour...even when I checked out and got my confirm...it said two Tours on the way for $149...used the promo for free next day shipping (was so psyched)!!!

Box arrived today by 10am...I was giddy like a school girl I had scored an extra BB that I could possibly trade for a S2...and my hopes were shattered...only one Tour for the new line...the BOGO must have been a system technicality.

BUZZ KILL!!!
    11-12-09 09:02 PM
    I'm not sure what you were expecting. I added two lines with a Tour for each and only had to pay for one of the Tours
    11-13-09 01:08 PM
    I'm contemplating a S2 and a Tour. Using the tour as my primary voice text beater phone and the S2 for media, IM, Apps and surfing.

Just curious if I can get the Tour on just voice/text and no data, Don't think that's possible is it?

Yeah, I know it sounds crazy... But, the S2 is too delicate for my work. And not sure I wanna totally give up a physical keyboard...
    11-13-09 06:37 PM
    I'm contemplating a S2 and a Tour. Using the tour as my primary voice text beater phone and the S2 for media, IM, Apps and surfing.

Just curious if I can get the Tour on just voice/text and no data, Don't think that's possible is it?

Yeah, I know it sounds crazy... But, the S2 is too delicate for my work. And not sure I wanna totally give up a physical keyboard...
    Try finding the correct thread instead of hijacking one?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/req...a-plan-341056/

The answer to your question is simple - NO. You cannot have a BlackBerry without a data plan.
    11-13-09 06:43 PM
    Maybe YOU should try not being a jack-ash.

I'm not hijacking thread, I was seeking about whether the BOGO is on and commenting about the twop I was contemplating.

You may have a lot posts but, I've been here a long time. You don't need to be a thread nazi.
    11-13-09 06:51 PM
    No, you can not get a bb without a data plan.

11-13-09 06:52 PM
    Although looking at my post, I did get off track once I started. Nonetheless, you don't have to be rude.
    11-13-09 06:53 PM
    Maybe YOU should try not being a jack-ash.

I'm not hijacking thread, I was seeking about whether the BOGO is on and commenting about the twop I was contemplating.

You may have a lot posts but, I've been here a long time. You don't need to be a thread nazi.
    If you've been on any board more than two hours, you'd know that maybe you should use search - it is your friend.

You should grab that friend, because with your attitude, it may be the only one you have here.

11-13-09 06:58 PM
    Wow, the twins on your nerves tonight there bucky? Haha...

I've been a pretty technically helpful member up until my work has taken my net time away.

You on the other hand, obviously need to get a life, and get a calming hobby of some sort so you're not such a _____. If you're worried about thread hijack, you should have just stayed quiet. But, with the ridiculously large amount of posts you have, I'll figure that's obviously pretty much impossible.
    11-13-09 07:02 PM
    I have a high post count too, whatcha tryin to say?

11-13-09 07:03 PM
    Hehe, he has three times yours. You're doing just fine.
    11-13-09 07:05 PM
    His posts are also constructive and helpful. Not trolling.

11-13-09 07:14 PM
    My apologies Bum, I truly didn't mean to be or appear to be trolling. This is absolutely the first time I've ever had cross words with anyone here other than well, possibly a troll at one point. I admitted I got off point, again, my apologies.

Nonetheless, he needs to be a little less abrasive, and I certainly wouldn't have been irked with him and acted out of line.

If that's how Verizon's CSRs are, I see why I have been reluctant to jump.

Sadly, I have somewhat inadvertantly managed to totally divert this thread. To the OP, I didn't mean to. My apologies. I'll shut up now.
    11-13-09 07:19 PM
    My apologies Bum, I truly didn't mean to be or appear to be trolling. This is absolutely the first time I've ever had cross words with anyone here other than well, possibly a troll at one point. I admitted I got off point, again, my apologies.

Nonetheless, he needs to be a little less abrasive, and I certainly wouldn't have been irked with him and acted out of line.

Sadly, I have somewhat inadvertantly managed to totally divert this thread. To the OP, I didn't mean to. My apologies. I'll shut up now.
    Twins is not a CSR - but knows a lot about the industry and all carriers. His resume is too long to post again
    11-13-09 07:21 PM

Np. Twins isn't a csr though. However, you can not have a bb w/o a data plan. I don't think any carriers allow this now though.

11-13-09 07:28 PM
    Hardly a CSR - sometimes people need to read signatures.
    11-13-09 07:29 PM
    Hardly a CSR - sometimes people need to read signatures.
    Oh wait - for those on mobile who can't read signatures...

Notice: My opinion does not reflect opinions of VZW, Lower Elbonia, your ED med vendor, or any entity. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you're entitled to my opinion. I can't speak for your account - no access to it. My words can't replace speaking to the company you're ticked off at. To me, all carriers suck, especially yours. I don't do PMs & am not a private tech guru. I rail against PC & may offend you at any time. I don't cater to ignorance, but honest talk is welcome. Have a great day.
    11-13-09 07:37 PM
    Read it. Just thought it was a disclaimer to keep you from issues.

Again, out of character for me to be so harsh. Your comment just hit me wrong.
    11-13-09 07:41 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD