Searched the forum, didn't find an answer for the following:

My number and my brother's number are both secondary lines on a family plan (i.e. neither is the primary/NE2 line). Both of our lines are eligible for upgrades. Does the BOGO apply if the primary line is not involved at all? The idea is to possibly get new BBs for both of us with the 2 year renewal on each line. Seems like it would work but I was monkeying with it online and I couldn't seem to get the BOGO to blow in properly, and all of the posts I could find deal with the primary/secondary combination.

Trickier scenario: Brother's wife is on a separate plan of her own (it sounds odd but we've been on the family plan since long before he was married). Assuming BOGO applies for brother and myself, we're thinking about getting the 2 BBs, and transferring one of the two phones to my brother's wife, and brother would just keep his current phone, or take his wife's current phone (she's itching for a smartphone). Anyone know of any specific problems that we would run into? Would there be an issue with deactivating the data plan on my brother's line after we transferred the phone to his wife's account? (we realize that wife's line/account would have to have the data plan on transfer). Would it do anything odd to the warranty?

Thanks for any thoughts/insights.
    11-01-09 08:55 PM
    You should be able to do the BOGO just fine with out the Primary line. You just need to have the other line available. When you upgrade there is an option to select your free phone. And if you move the phone to another line there is no problem, you will just lose the warranty since its on a different account.
    11-01-09 10:57 PM
    should not be a problem. Or at least it isnt anything that a rep cant override if its not working online properly
    11-02-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD