Hey all, I did a search on here and didn't find this, so thought I should post the answer to my own question. I had someone calling constantly and I asked them to stop, they didn't, so I wanted to block their number without paying an arm and a leg... besides I think we should be able to block number without paying a fee, we pay enough!
    Turns out, on verizon, you can block up to 5 numbers for free! yayyyy lol

Here's the link to the ehow article: How to Block Unwanted Calls Through Verizon Wireless | eHow.com

but this is what you do:
    1. Go into your Verizon Wireless Account on-line. "My Verizon" (Please make sure you have an account all ready or you just created an account)

Step2
    Then Go To "My Services"

Step3
    Choose the SPAM Control: There you can add up to 5 phone numbers that you do not want to contact you. This also prevents these #s from text messaging you.
    *Press APPLY then you are done. They block these #s for 3 months at a time. So you will have to repeat the steps in 3 months.

*To Unblock these #s, do the same exact steps as above, except just delete the number you want to unblock. Press "APPLY" and the number is unblocked.

I just tried it, it updated my settings, so we'll see if I keep getting his calls.
    thought it might help someone out.
    04-21-09 05:42 PM
    Good find, this is kinda of a new feature. I can see the call types now. My boyfriend looked at me funny, so I blocked him Shesh I love girl talk.
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-21-09 at 06:59 PM.
    04-21-09 06:38 PM
    Good to know. Thanks.
    04-21-09 06:49 PM
    YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ONLY YOU DAD ONLY YOU! I was hoping the girl talk thing would help, but no you cut and and paste the comment out of context.

Do you work in the media?
    04-21-09 06:58 PM
    Now if you go back & look at your original post (unlike the MSM, I didn't cover it up), you can see where I got the idea from. I enjoy exploiting weaknesses in statements.

I don't work in the media - I do work hard to expose the media, though. What we call Main Stream Media is no longer either mainstream or unbiased media and the honest, intelligent types know it. Unfortunately, there aren't enough out there who are honest or intelligent, these days. Witness the guys wanting info on how to sell phones with locked ESNs.

Well my friend, I do not mad - I do get even NOt picking a fight just havin some fun
    04-21-09 08:28 PM
    Good find, this is kinda of a new feature. I can see the call types now. My boyfriend looked at me funny, so I blocked him Shesh I love girl talk.
    Your a GIRL?
    04-21-09 09:03 PM
    I never knew, Where you been Twin? At the Therapist?? LOL!!!
    04-21-09 10:21 PM
    I haven't seen you in any of the forums i've been in lately. "Prolific Poster" Nice.
    04-22-09 06:51 AM
    I've pretty much sworn off the other forums - many people can help with BB operation. I tend to help with network & VZW specific questions.

After a bout with several people playing childish attacks in PMs, I figured it was safer here, with fewer arguments & I could be of more assistance.

04-22-09 11:21 AM
    Thank you very much!!! I've been searching everywhere for this feature
    04-23-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD