04-17-09 06:21 PM
64 123
tools
    okay, please help!

i am under the 30 day trial period with verizon. i DO NOT want any data package. i have talked with 7 different CSR's and all have shut me down when i tried to cancel the data package. if anyone can help i would be so thankful. i would love the phone number of a CSR who will cancel the plan or who will give me the $9.00 option.

again, please help -

thanks!
    Ask to talk to Kevin from the Arizona call center. Also....make sure you are talking to a blackberry CSR.
    11-26-07 06:27 PM
    The blackberry has to have the plan to work,personally I wouldn't want the phone without it. The plan is expensive though at 44.99 I hope they do lower it.
    11-26-07 07:26 PM
    The blackberry has to have the plan to work,personally I wouldn't want the phone without it. The plan is expensive though at 44.99 I hope they do lower it.
    Are you a BIS or BES user?
    11-26-07 07:35 PM
    I recently purchased a bb on ebay (8830 for VZW) thinking i could get around the manditory chages, and thought the first month it had been a complete success, after months and months of tryihng. Little did i know, yes its true they automatically put me on the unlimited data plan without asking, no even the lower data (10 mb) plan!!! Wow i was mad, i figured out the ultimate trick. THe person i bought it from used to work there and had set up over 500 like this. You tell them you want the INTERNATION PAY AS YOU GO plan, and nothing else. It works, ive had it like this since September, and have data blocked so absolutly zero charges for data! The people at the store dont really understand, but believe me its worth it because the blackberry is an incredibly remarkable peice of equiptment. Post back if you need help!
    11-26-07 09:22 PM
    wow, thanks for the help! i will call them back tonight!

do you mean that i ask for something called an "international pay as you go plan" over the phone - will the CSR know what i am talking about? or do i do this in a store?

thanks for all the help you guys!

***update*** the girl i talked to said there is no international pay as you go plan - she would not transfer me to "kevin" she wanted to help me herself. is that really the name of the plan? wow, i don't know why this is so hard...
    Last edited by dubby; 11-27-07 at 12:42 AM.
    11-27-07 12:22 AM
    i called them up on the phone, it took me many many tries, but then someone told me to do this, and they eventually got it. Say you want a data plan, because technically you have to have one, this is just a pay as you go, and it's for international data, making it work. A little weird they dont put it out on the table, but its a nice secret.
    11-27-07 07:52 AM
    also- FYI i have the 8830 world edition, this probably won't work on the other BB models since their only cdma based
    11-27-07 07:53 AM
    I just called VZW to activate my Pear and put a data plan on it. BTW, if you do not ask about the data plan, they automatically put the $45 BES Unlimited. So, I stuck with the $45 plan for a few hrs only because their customer service was already closed and I could not switch it. When I called back, I was repeatedly told by multiple CR's that there is not an option out of the 45$. They even went as far as to tell me that the only 30$ plan they have in existence is for using you BB as a modem. Well, after about 5 calls, I finally remembered that I had this link (posted previously in this threat). I told the last rep that I am staring right at their website, telling me that there is a 30$ plan. After this, she seemed to have been all of a sudden endowed with the ability to "SEE" the 30$ on her system and activated it.

Moral of the story: these guys will argue with you (I actually got in verbal confrontations with them) about the "non-existence" of plans that really do exist just to give you a more expensive plan....simple work for commission, so I don't blame them...well, not too much.

Also, if someone could find an official link to the 9$ plan (no data usage), it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jersh55; 12-09-07 at 10:09 PM.
    12-08-07 04:46 PM
    Just got off the phone with a gal in the Dublin, OH service center and she explained I could still get the "pay as you go" plan for my Pearl. Having spoke to 5 other CSR's prior I was skeptical. I asked many questions and then repeated them just to confirm. She assured me that I would not be charged any monthly fee but only for actual usage, .005 per kb. Since I have no intentions of using data or texting at this time I expect to only see my voice plan rates on my bill.

The CSR I spoke with was not new and didnt have to ask me to hold every other question so she could ask her manager. She was an veteran CSR.

Ill update this in a month to see if she was indeed correct.
    03-25-08 02:29 PM
    Everyone just man up and pay the $30 lol
    03-29-08 03:14 PM
    I have the $30 data plan and it is rediculous that I cost $30 extra to add the vzaccess to your plan. They do have the best network, but they are lacking in other areas, such as product release, customer service, and pricing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 05:52 PM
    So Lets Recap....who Has Had Luck Doing This????
    03-31-08 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the help, gang.

I upgraded online at the VZW site and was unpleasantly surprised to find that, when my upgrade phone arrived -- a BB Curve 8330 -- that VZW had added a $44.99 unlimited broadband package to my account.

I told the first rep that this was deceptive and unacceptable... I was just sending it back.

Then I googled a bit, wound up here and read a few posts, calmed down, and decided to call back and ask for a cheaper option. I checked out the BB unlimited email/txt plan with 900 phone minutes for around $99. That's a little cheaper than the $80 VZW plan I had (1350 min) plus the cheaper BB broadband for $29.

So I'm relatively pleased. Cool phone, up $19 a month for unlimited internet/email. Not so bad.

The first VZW phone rep missed the boat, though, by not even offering me the cheaper package. Almost cost his company a long-term customer.
    11-14-08 03:47 PM
    29 for BIS, 45 for BES.... Don't get duped into the wrong plan!

One is for corporate email etc, the other for us gmail'ers!

Data is a must have.

Like buying the muscle car with no engine!

I have only had my 8130 pearl for 1 day. I am still learning. How can i see what my data usage is. I currently have the unlimited bb plan through vzn but am considering lowering to 10mb plan.

can anyone advise?
    11-14-08 04:54 PM
    so whats the least expensive data plan you can get with a blackberry
    11-14-08 07:49 PM
    Just so everyone know that when a BB is added to an account, the 44.99 data plan is automatically. Some reps are too lazy or don't realize this. So when you setup a BB do a confirmation that they move you to the 29.99 plan.

As for tracking data usage, vzw.com is the easiest way. Just set up a "my verizon account" and you are good.

11-14-08 08:40 PM
    The same way you have to buy a 2 year contract in order to buy the phone, you need to get BB service. If you just wanted the BB, you could pay retail but if you want VZW to subsidize it and sell it to you relatively cheaply, you have to get a data plan. And, as so many have said before, a BB without a data plan is no fun.
    11-15-08 12:12 PM
    I'm not sure why so many people on here don't understand why somebody would want a blackberry without the data package. I used to have tmobile where it wasn't mandatory when initially purchasing a phone to have the data plan and there were times I did need it and many months I did not so I removed it. I find it absolutely ridiculous that Verizon makes it mandatory when purchasing a new BlackBerry to not only get the data package but commit to 2 years. I unfortunately moved to an area where Verizon was one of the only providers that worked well and am very annoyed that I'm without my BlackBerry. For those of you who ***** and are confused why us "non data package wanters" don't want the package is we simply don't need it but love the phone. I personally use the BlackBerry to manage my life with the calendar and not to mention sending text messages is a breeze. With that being said I dont understand why Verizon overcharges customers time and time again for services and features that other companies provide for much less. You should be able to purchase a BlackBerry off eBay or anywhere else for that matter and not automatically get raped with the data package charges. They make EVERYTHING difficult, I didn't have half as much trouble with T-Mobile.
    02-19-09 09:09 PM
    first:
    not to be obnoxious...but I cannot help to ask why one would want a blackberry without a data connection??
    Second:
    I have heard that verizon is lowering their blackberry plans to $22 a month.

I'm not sure if this helps...

-db

in praise of UNLIMITED data...

So are they going to $22 a month? If so when?
    02-20-09 08:23 AM
    I dont understand why Verizon overcharges customers time and time again for services and features that other companies provide for much less.
    it just cracks me up that people are continually making this claim but always fail to back it with any examples or proof.

I look at the various carrier sites and don't see anything more than very minor differences. VZW & AT&T are in a dead heat & Sprint & T-Mobile aren't far behind.

You could always make your life less stressful & go back to T-Mobile. Oh wait - they don't have coverage in your area! Maybe this is why they are slightly cheaper? At least one of the reasons?

Where oh where is that cheap coverage? It doesn't exist.

02-20-09 10:33 PM
    VZw use to allow pay as you on everything. When peoiple did not want a data plan, with in a mohth or so all these people SWEAR! I did not set up email or I did not browse the net and have these HUGE bills. VZW has always been accommadating issuing credits. Therefore following two reasons VZW has required data. VZW was loosing money and there is agreement with RIM. Simple a business descision period

As of October 14th last year. all PDA's/Smartphone now require data plans.
    02-20-09 11:08 PM
    So if I am forced to have a data plan, can I get two of those $22 plans for my Berry? I mean, since they seem to be on special...
    02-20-09 11:40 PM
    VZw use to allow pay as you on everything. When peoiple did not want a data plan, with in a mohth or so all these people SWEAR! I did not set up email or I did not browse the net and have these HUGE bills. VZW has always been accommadating issuing credits. Therefore following two reasons VZW has required data. VZW was loosing money and there is agreement with RIM. Simple a business descision period

It's actually as of 11/14 and it's all phones LAUNCHED after that date.
    02-21-09 01:25 AM
    first:
    not to be obnoxious...but I cannot help to ask why one would want a blackberry without a data connection??
    Second:
    I have heard that verizon is lowering their blackberry plans to $22 a month.

I'm not sure if this helps...

-db

in praise of UNLIMITED data...

I have been with Verizon for years, actually my whole family is and we all are very happy so far. I had a Treo and loved it too! but when the Storm was released, I decided to give it a shot. So far I have had very very good luck with it and believe it or not my data plan went from 46.00 / month with the treo to 22.00 / month with the Storm. I'll take it!!
    02-22-09 06:46 PM
    There is no 22 dollar plan in the works.
    02-22-09 10:26 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD