08-02-11 02:52 PM
28 12
tools
    I wandered into local Verizon store last week to check on the Blackberrys.

I could not find ANY Blackberrys on display, (despite the fact the online store still has them). When I asked one of the assistants as to the status of the upcoming releases, he told me that the store had been directed by corporate to remove ALL the blackberrys from their displays!

Despite the popularity of Android Phones, it would appear to be a diservice to RIM by not having any visible to the walk-in customers.

It would be hard to clear up current stockpiles in advance of of upcoming new releases of Blackberries.

So I have to wonder, despite the rumors surrounding the impending release of the Bold Touch, is Verizon getting ready to cut ties with RIM?
    07-31-11 12:22 PM
    Maybe RIM is buying or getting them back from Verizon and will rebrand and deploy to emerging CDMA markets, and is restocking them with the new phones. Don't know but I wouldn't think Verizon would be ending relationship with RIM. Definitely think it would have to do with the new phones coming soon though.
    johnmarki likes this.
    07-31-11 12:27 PM
    I hope this is a sign for the 9930!
    07-31-11 02:04 PM
    Verizon can't cut ties with RIM, BlackBerry's are still the staple in many business clients, they don't want to cut their corporate sales by killing their main product,
    RIM is the only manufacturer who has catered to the no camera world phone requirements for verizon, it would just be bad business to cut RIM off.

I CAN see RIM doing a stock lift to help their Q3 sales sending verizon all fresh products, and then rebranding/flashing verizon stock for other markets who are looking for Cheap devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 02:10 PM
    Verizon can't cut ties with RIM, BlackBerry's are still the staple in many business clients, they don't want to cut their corporate sales by killing their main product,
    RIM is the only manufacturer who has catered to the no camera world phone requirements for verizon, it would just be bad business to cut RIM off.

I CAN see RIM doing a stock lift to help their Q3 sales sending verizon all fresh products, and then rebranding/flashing verizon stock for other markets who are looking for Cheap devices.

Business as usual. Until there is a solid business competitor, Blackberrys will still be sold by Big Red.
    07-31-11 02:19 PM
    I hope this means new blackberry phones go on sale this week.

07-31-11 02:43 PM
  7. T
    Yea, maybe the new ones are coming. Could this be similar to when stores like Staples got the directive from Microsoft to remove all copies of XP from the shelves by a certain date and to sell only Vista?

07-31-11 03:00 PM
    I hope this means new blackberry phones go on sale this week.

Good point. Perhaps Verizon wishes to avoid people coming in just to trade out recently purchased BB devices for those about to launch.
    howarmat likes this.
    07-31-11 03:00 PM
    Good point. Perhaps Verizon wishes to avoid people coming in just to trade out recently purchased BB devices for those about to launch.
    Since they have a 14 day return policy, if the 9930 was going to release in the next two weeks that would make sense.

There's your sign
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    07-31-11 03:16 PM
    One our local Verizon (corporate) stores removed ALL BlackBerry's completely off the shelves and were only sold if the customer went in and specifically asked for a BlackBerry. She said they weren't going to put any on display until new ones hit the market but heard great things about the new model (Bold 9930)... but this was in mid-June.
    08-01-11 03:49 AM
    I was in a Denver area store (a friend wanted to take advantage of the unlimited data) while on vacation at the end of June. Not a BB in sight. I asked and was told they could pull some from out back! Seemed very odd. But there were lots of various Androids and apples and 4g types.

Rim's phones are old.

Later on the trip another friend was using a hike-logging android program. Distance, track, elevation and other stats - easy as pie. I tried to hide my jealousy!
    08-01-11 08:17 AM
    I was in a Denver area store (a friend wanted to take advantage of the unlimited data) while on vacation at the end of June. Not a BB in sight. I asked and was told they could pull some from out back! Seemed very odd. But there were lots of various Androids and apples and 4g types.

Rim's phones are old.

Later on the trip another friend was using a hike-logging android program. Distance, track, elevation and other stats - easy as pie. I tried to hide my jealousy!
    You can get a hiking app for OS 6 phones from AppWorld. New phones are coming and you should have upgraded to the 9780 or Torch last year, but since your update time may not have been there, the new OS 7 phones are coming this month. All reports are that they rock!
    08-01-11 08:21 AM
    I was in 2 different Verizon stores this weekend and they both had normal BB displays in the store. None of the reps knew squat about the new BB nor did they seem to care.
    08-01-11 08:34 AM

Rim's phones are old.

You were jealous due to one app?
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    08-01-11 08:52 AM
    If the rumors pan out you will see a new BB in VZW within 2 weeks.
    08-01-11 08:57 AM
    You were jealous due to one app?
    I think he was jealous of the one app.
    08-01-11 09:18 AM
    Kind of a strange business strategy, but you never know with RIM. Why not just put the new phones on displays, build up some hype and provide a release date.
    08-01-11 09:20 AM
    Kind of a strange business strategy, but you never know with RIM. Why not just put the new phones on displays, build up some hype and provide a release date.
    Get outta here with your wild-eyed crazy ideas!!
    08-01-11 06:29 PM
    It's not RIM that decides how Verizon will sell their phones, Verizon decides that. RIM merely announces the official existance of their devices, then lets the carriers handle the rest.

08-01-11 08:04 PM
    The BB rep I spoke to a month ago, stated an August release for the new phones... But haven't heard anything yet.
    Last edited by supermario28; 08-01-11 at 10:15 PM.
    08-01-11 09:17 PM

Rim's phones are old.

Search HandyLogs in App World
    08-02-11 05:58 AM
    When I still had the Storm 1 I used a couple of different gps tracking programs as a speedometer for my HPI baja. After a new upgraded motor and different gearing the fastest I got that thing to was 76 mph. Using those apps made finding the best performing combination of parts easy. Just start the app, strap the storm in and run it. I could find out average speed, top speed, acceleration, distance traveled and other crap. But that was years ago. I hadn't even heard of Android while I was using that type of app. No reason to be jealous. Nothing new about tracking apps.
    Last edited by Witmen; 08-02-11 at 11:05 AM.
    08-02-11 11:01 AM
    flash and rebrand withh bell and send them up here to me we need new CDMA BBs
    08-02-11 11:16 AM
    I was at a very popular/large Vzw corp store on Sunday here in Los Angeles, and all the usual BB's were up on display with the same prices.

08-02-11 11:22 AM
    From my understanding BIM is coming out with a full touch phone called "Monaco" i cant wait for that one i have the Storm 1 and I'm happy with it so i cant wait for that one to come to Verizon
    08-02-11 11:49 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD